MRSA

Parsnip Totin Jack

is coming to my house!  More Ohio in-law drama.  No good deed goes unpunished and I'm getting more punishment.  Remember lazy-ass Joe (LAJ)?  He went into the hospital last week with constipation and a fever.  Blood sugar was up to 400 (he's diabetic).  White blood cell count was up too.  Tests showed an enlarged prostate.  While the doctors are trying to figure out what's causing this, my wife goes up to visit and talks to his doctor and tells them to test for MRSA (methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus).  He's been diagnosed with that before and she suspects that it never really went away as LAJ and his wife, pack-rat Terry (PRT) cannot be relied on to follow up on medical advice or follow instructions well.  My wife also thinks that PRT is a MRSA carrier and keeps reinfecting LAJ.  The doctor said that some people can carry MRSA and not feel the effects themselves.  LAJ is still in the hospital, he won't be discharged until improvements have been made.  My wife is prepping our house for he and PRT to live in until LAJ tests clean of MRSA.  She's using the bedroom that her Mom stays in when she lives with us.  Hospital bed, private bath.  Perfect for home rehabilitation.  I'm not happy about this.  My wife says that PRT is not capable of caring for LAJ; she believes it's why MRSA keeps returning.  My wife promises that she will keep PRT out of my kitchen when I'm home.  I'm not sure about that either.  One of PRT's faults is she likes to pitch in and help out.  "What can I do to help?"  Get the fuck out of my kitchen is my thought.  My other worry is my wife's health.  She had a staph infection about five years ago that almost killed her.  Her immune system is not robust and she's at risk of getting herself infected.  She claims to know how to prevent it and will take appropriate steps to minimize the risk,  I'm not happy.

Because LAJ is my wife's brother.  This is how my wife is, she is a caregiver.  If I had a crystal ball at age 28, I wouldn't be living in Ohio right now.

That sucks, it sounds like these people are parasites, and will be continually until everybody dies and takes you down with them.  You have to sit your wife down and let her know that she is an enabler, and that accidents of birth do not necessitate throwing your lives away trying to help the unhelpible and unhelpworthy.

You have to keep these train-wrecks out of your life.  When can you move?  Why haven't you moved?  Would your relatives follow you no matter where you move because you feed them?

• Heart 1

You have to keep these train-wrecks out of your life.  When can you move?  Why haven't you moved?  Would your relatives follow you no matter where you move because you feed them?

When I was young and foolish I said we could move to Ohio when I retired so my wife could help care for her Mom.  My bluff was called when I retired at age 53 (who thought she'd live this long?).  My MIL lives with her other daughter, Janet-the-Martyr (JtM).  Sometimes the MIL lives with us but not often.  There is no tactful way to say this other than this: we can move when my MIL passes away.  This is the only reason we're here. Once that happens, the house is on the market and we're out of here.  The other in-laws won't follow us, hell I don't even think they'd call us.  My wife hates it here, my son hates it here but my wife told her Mom years ago that she'd be there when her Mom got old.  Her Mom cared for her Mom and her MIL when they were old.  It's what they do, nursing homes and assisted living isn't an option.

When I was young and foolish I said we could move to Ohio when I retired so my wife could help care for her Mom.  My bluff was called when I retired at age 53 (who thought she'd live this long?).  My MIL lives with her other daughter, Janet-the-Martyr (JtM).  Sometimes the MIL lives with us but not often.  There is no tactful way to say this other than this: we can move when my MIL passes away.  This is the only reason we're here. Once that happens, the house is on the market and we're out of here.  The other in-laws won't follow us, hell I don't even think they'd call us.  My wife hates it here, my son hates it here but my wife told her Mom years ago that she'd be there when her Mom got old.  Her Mom cared for her Mom and her MIL when they were old.  It's what they do, nursing homes and assisted living isn't an option.

You're a good man.