people w/ fat bikes are a-holes

bikeman564™

It may be the guy didn't realize the cement was wet.  Riding through it, getting cement on your tires and splashed onto other parts of your bike doesn't sound like fun to me.

There are good people and bad people with every kind of bike, motorbike, car, truck, walking, running, etc.

But there is something usually special about people who own a motor vehicle and a bicycle as well!  It says something about their attitude toward health and the outdoors.

9 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It may be the guy didn't realize the cement was wet.  Riding through it, getting cement on your tires and splashed onto other parts of your bike doesn't sound like fun to me.

There are good people and bad people with every kind of bike, motorbike, car, truck, walking, running, etc.

But there is something usually special about people who own a motor vehicle and a bicycle as well!  It says something about their attitude toward health and the outdoors.

too bad there wasn't barrels and tape blocking the area off 🙄

I know people bad  things on all bikes, the fat bike reference was a joke because I have one.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

There are good people that do stupid stuff and there are stupid people that do good stuff.  I still trying to figure out what group I'm in.

Don't forget the stupid people doing stupid stuff category.  Usually those folks are too stupid to figure out they're in that category, though. :scratchhead:

33 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

getting cement on your tires and splashed onto other parts of your bike doesn't sound like fun to me.

It isn't. I once rode through a construction site on a multi-lane road. They had been doing some saw cuts. The wet concrete dust got all over my bike.

28 minutes ago, groupw said:

Yep. I got into a “race” the other day with a kid on an e-bike fat bike. I wouldn’t have bothered but he wasn’t even pedaling. I would have beat him, but he cut a corner across someone’s lawn! The look on his face when an old guy on a full fender bike and wearing dress clothes was catching him….priceless!

The central park fatbike e bike riders are a particular type of asshole.  Uniformly black kids from Harlem,13- 15 years old, with zero spatial awareness and going as fast as possible, no helmet, and quite often with a loud speaker playing shit music while paying no attention or care for other park users, and quite often going the wrong direction on the one-way loop.

I don't like these users.  The electric scooter people are almost as bad.

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't forget the stupid people doing stupid stuff category.  Usually those folks are too stupid to figure out they're in that category, though. :scratchhead:

Untrue. “Hold my beer,” is evidence enough that stupid people know exactly what they’re doing. 

• Heart 2

22 hours ago, groupw said:

Yep. I got into a “race” the other day with a kid on an e-bike fat bike. I wouldn’t have bothered but he wasn’t even pedaling. I would have beat him, but he cut a corner across someone’s lawn! The look on his face when an old guy on a full fender bike and wearing dress clothes was catching him….priceless!

You go, old guy!  :D

• Haha 2