Ray Rice to appeal the indefinite suspension

Former member

Then he will play football again and if he helps his team win, then the fans of that team will forget. No different than all the other thugs playing pro sports right now. Sucks, but it is true.

would you want Jerry to sign him to the Cowboys?

BTW. I'm referring to the Jerry that owns the Cowboys, not the jackass Jerry on this forum.

Then he will play football again and if he helps his team win, then the fans of that team will forget.  No different than all the other thugs playing pro sports right now.   Sucks, but it is true. 

Normally I click the Like button to indicate I agree with the statement.  However, in this case even though I agree with the statement, I cant click Like. 

Rice needs help, just as other players who enter substance abuse programs need help. 

do you think he'll win his appeal?

Most likely, yes.  There is so much money at stake that he will lawyer up HARD and the NFL will back off the suspension and somebody will pick him up.  Vick played again.  Cowboys took back their drunk driving man slaughter.  Ray Lewis played forever in Baltimore after being involved in or covering up a murder.  The NFL and all pro sports are full of thugs that have received preferential treatment since jr. high in some cases.  Their talent gives them huge short term earning potential and that attracts thug, cheats, etc, like a fresh pile of crap attracts flies.

When the money is gone, so is the fame and everyting that goes with it.

But, yes, I believe he will win his appeal.  We are innocent until proven guilty, regardless of video footage.

• Heart 1

Most likely, yes.  There is so much money at stake that he will lawyer up HARD and the NFL will back off the suspension and somebody will pick him up.  Vick played again.  Cowboys took back their drunk driving man slaughter.  Ray Lewis played forever in Baltimore after being involved in or covering up a murder.  The NFL and all pro sports are full of thugs that have received preferential treatment since jr. high in some cases.  Their talent gives them huge short term earning potential and that attracts thug, cheats, etc, like a fresh pile of crap attracts flies.

When the money is gone, so is the fame and everyting that goes with it.

But, yes, I believe he will win his appeal.  We are innocent until proven guilty, regardless of video footage.

I don't think he'll play in the NFL again, even though I think he'll win his appeal. He's not the player he once was, and not worth the bad publicity for a team to sign him.

I don't think he'll play in the NFL again, even though I think he'll win his appeal. He's not the player he once was, and not worth the bad publicity for a team to sign him.

People love to hate things and be offended, so much so that they will buy tickets so that they can boo.  If it will sell tickets and put butts in seats, someone will sign him. 

I think this is the perception.  I think he needs the year off to rehab his image enough to be signable, though.  The NFL has lots of players who are going to suddenly be called on past actions, too, so I think every team is going to be found to have at least half a dozen players with domestic violence histories that nobody really cared much about before.

People love to hate things and be offended, so much so that they will buy tickets so that they can boo.  If it will sell tickets and put butts in seats, someone will sign him. 

I guess if you can distract the people with a circus they might not realize how bad you are as an owner. It's worked for Jerry Jones & Al Davis for almost 20 years.

• Heart 1