Football for women?

Square Wheels

I think RG did, but he's not feeling well so he'll probably blame it on that.

I wonder if football will go away soon.  With all of the new rules protecting players and former players suing the league over head injuries, is it a viable sport any longer?

I do as well.  I still like to watch it, but it kinda pisses me off that I like it.  I wish I didn't.

On Mike and Mike this morning they mentioned that basically football players are basically modern day gladiators.  I believe this is a good analogy.  I enjoy watching the combination of the strength, contact, and the strategy.

Domestic violence is not a part of that.  Most football players do not engage in it, so we should not paint all with the same brush.

On Mike and Mike this morning they mentioned that basically football players are basically modern day gladiators.  I believe this is a good analogy.  I enjoy watching the combination of the strength, contact, and the strategy.

Domestic violence is not a part of that.  Most football players do not engage in it, so we should not paint all with the same brush.

I am just sick of hearing of the NFL. Lots of negative press lately.  Everything from (alleged) child abuse, to spouse abuse, to steroid abuse.  Also the negative press for the way they allegedly treat former players.  Head injuries, cover-ups, weapons charges in night clubs....

The list goes on and on.

It pisses me off that us as a society give these players so much freaking money.  I  am just about done with it all.  (you may feel free to group the NBA in there as well)

Domestic violence is not a part of that. Most football players do not engage in it, so we should not paint all with the same brush.

Most reasonable people agree on this

I think people are upset with the players that are involved in domestic violence cases every year, and the way the NFL has dealt with the problem. I haven't heard anyone blaming the NFL or football for causing domestic violence.

It pisses me off that us as a society give these players so much freaking money.  I  am just about done with it all.  (you may feel free to group the NBA in there as well)

Go for a bike ride, reduce your pissiness.

Last week I kicked Time Warner to the curb.  We use them for internet access only.  Netflix and Hulu and a digital antenna to get the local stations.  $180/ month was ridiculous for what we were getting.  I haven't missed football yet.

I think people are upset with the players that are involved in domestic violence cases every year, and the way the NFL has dealt with the problem. I haven't heard anyone blaming the NFL or football for causing domestic violence.

I think it's a huge problem that is just brought to light in the NFL because they are in the spotlight.

Go for a bike ride, reduce your pissiness.

Last week I kicked Time Warner to the curb.  We use them for internet access only.  Netflix and Hulu and a digital antenna to get the local stations.  $180/ month was ridiculous for what we were getting.  I haven't missed football yet.

I am really considering doing just that.

• Heart 1

It pisses me off that us as a society give these players so much freaking money. I am just about done with it all. (you may feel free to group the NBA in there as well)

The average NFL career is 3.3 years with a minimum salary of $420,000 , none of which is guaranteed. Star players can make a ton of money, but they are the exception not the rule.

CEOs of big companies make more money than football players, and don't risk brain injuries 100 times a week.

The average NFL career is 3.3 years with a minimum salary of $420,000 , none of which is guaranteed. Star players can make a ton of money, but they are the exception not the rule.

CEOs of big companies make more money than football players, and don't risk brain injuries 100 times a week.

I am taking about the millions that some of the bigger names make.  And CEO's of big companies work years and years to get to that position. 

I am taking about the millions that some of the bigger names make. And CEO's of big companies work years and years to get to that position.

most pro football players have played organized football for at least a decade before ever earning a penny to play the game, and have risked brain injury on every play. Very few players make the big money you are talking about, and they all earn much more than their salary for the team owners.

most pro football players have played organized football for at least a decade before ever earning a penny to play the game, and have risked brain injury on every play. Very few players make the big money you are talking about, and they all earn much more than their salary for the team owners.

Well why are hot dogs so damned expensive?

it was not my intent to imply that NFL or football causes domestic violence, as I dont believe that.  I do believe some people will try to make that point. 

The NFL and the owners need to make the stand.  At this point most of the owners have hid behind Goodell or the head coach, with the exception of Jeffy Richardson of the Panthers.

I think that now that we have 24/7 "sports news" whenever there is a social issue in the news relating to a sport, these guys can just tee off

they don't have to have the facts strait, they don't need to worry about due process, their job is to be entertaining and get viewers watching

I say just slap the bitch and hike the ball already

Well why are hot dogs so damned expensive?

Greedy owners.

I hate when people complain about how much it costs to take a family to professional sporting event. Yes it's expensive, but it is a luxury. It's not constitutional right to see professional sports. The teams are businesses, and most of them are profitable for the owners. Don't get mad at the players. The owners set the prices. 

Greedy owners.

I hate when people complain about how much it costs to take a family to professional sporting event. Yes it's expensive, but it is a luxury. It's not constitutional right to see professional sports. The teams are businesses, and most of them are profitable for the owners. Don't get mad at the players. The owners set the prices. 

Don't tell me who I can get mad at.  I will get mad at whomever I damn well choose.

• Heart 1

I think that now that we have 24/7 "sports news" whenever there is a social issue in the news relating to a sport, these guys can just tee off

they don't have to have the facts strait, they don't need to worry about due process, their job is to be entertaining and get viewers watching

I say just slap the bitch and hike the ball already

Combine that with roid rage, which I fimly believe is a factor in a lot of the issues athletes have....

I remember when I'd run into Cowboy players in the clubs during the 90s

There was this one guy, Emmett Smith's backup, who must have had a girl up in Denton, because I'd see him regularly out in the college bars just RAISING HELL! I mean, loud, obnoxious, if you didn't like it, he'd kick your ass for you sort of a guy

I'm telling you, young, strong, lots of money and girls falling all over you...its no wonder these guys get into so much trouble. They always have, really

then on top of all that, there are people who's job it is to smooth over whatever trouble they get into so they can keep them on the field

so "no charges filed" is pretty common when NFL players fuck up

Its always been that way

I remember when I'd run into Cowboy players in the clubs during the 90s

There was this one guy, Emmett Smith's backup, who must have had a girl up in Denton, because I'd see him regularly out in the college bars just RAISING HELL! I mean, loud, obnoxious, if you didn't like it, he'd kick your ass for you sort of a guy

I'm telling you, young, strong, lots of money and girls falling all over you...its no wonder these guys get into so much trouble. They always have, really

then on top of all that, there are people who's job it is to smooth over whatever trouble they get into so they can keep them on the field

so "no charges filed" is pretty common when NFL players fuck up

Its always been that way

that's what's great about the social media and cellphone cameras. When a player gets out of line in public, there's always someone around with a camera to catch them screwing up.

I tell you what, the video of this guy in the middle of the dance floor, pitcher of beer in each hand, howling like a wolf, bowed back and everything would have been a YouTube sensation

back then if there wasn't a police report, nothing ever got into the newspapers