Damn, mobile version

Indy

This weren't free - far from it.

You folks are worth it and deserve better than what we had.

Now spread the word and get more peeps here!

No, just looked at the pricing.  Though don't know what plan you went with, definitely can be quite the commitment there.  Hope it takes off as i would hate to see you waste your money.  Any thought about donations in the future or anything to support the site?

No, just looked at the pricing.  Though don't know what plan you went with, definitely can be quite the commitment there.  Hope it takes off as i would hate to see you waste your money.  Any thought about donations in the future or anything to support the site?

I went with the purchased option and got the blog too.  I think that can be useful for items like Garth's chain lube method. If the site does well I'll add the Downloads and other options as needed.

Nice idea for the donations, if the site survives I'll think about it.  I have another site I started 10 years ago that I thought would make me rich.  It supports itself, but if I look at the time I put into it I prolly make far less than minimum wage.

I like working on sites and trying to keep them alive.  I'm not in it for the money.

I'm not sure what kind of extras you can offer, but you could sell premium memberships to raise funds.  I'd probably kick in.

With me, money always seems to be far tighter than it should be, but if you ever need help running things, hit me up.  If you do donations, I would have to see what I could scrape together.

You guys are awesome, thank you.

For now I want to stay away from donations and ads.  The one thing that would drive me toward ads (NEVER popups) would be if I need to move up in server needs.  This is currently a relatively cheap server.  If we start using too many resources they'll force me to get a VPS or dedicated.  When that happens so will non-obtrusive ads.

For now I want to stay away from donations and ads.  The one thing that would drive me toward ads (NEVER popups) would be if I need to move up in server needs.  This is currently a relatively cheap server.  If we start using too many resources they'll force me to get a VPS or dedicated.  When that happens so will non-obtrusive ads.

You definitely have this thought out, not that I didn't think you did.  The forum software alone kind of indicates you have a clue what you are doing.

Maybe we could offer Monkey and Suzie Q some sort of exposure for free, or maybe a services offered section of the classifieds.  Thinking out loud here.

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

agreed, I was surprised how well this all works on my phone. There were issues in the past.

It's called responsive.  When this post was made a couple of years ago, the software detected your device and browser and selected between different versions of the theme.  It no longer does that, it's significantly more sophisticated now.  You can simulate what the mobile version will look like on your desktop by making the window smaller.  The theme automatically detects it's display size and changes.

• Heart 1