Positive thought of the day

Square Wheels

• 1 year later...

There were many days when I did not know where my next meal was coming from. But I was never afraid to work, I went where some men were digging a ditch ... [and] said I wanted to work. The boss looked at my good clothes and white hands and laughed to the others ... but he said, “All right. Spit on your hands. Get in the ditch.”

And I worked harder than anybody. At the end of the day I had $2.

Nikola Tesla

• Heart 2

“What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone? How else can we put ourselves in harmonious relation with the great verities and consolations of the infinite and the eternal? And I avow my faith that we are marching towards better days. Humanity will not be cast down. We are going on swinging bravely forward along the grand high road and already behind the distant mountains is the promise of the sun.”

— Winston Churchill (1874-1965) British Prime Minister
Speech at Kinnaird Hall, Dundee, Scotland, Oct. 10, 1908
  • Heart 2

There were many days when I did not know where my next meal was coming from. But I was never afraid to work, I went where some men were digging a ditch ... [and] said I wanted to work. The boss looked at my good clothes and white hands and laughed to the others ... but he said, “All right. Spit on your hands. Get in the ditch.”

And I worked harder than anybody. At the end of the day I had $2.

Nikola Tesla

And to think he then parlayed that into a very hot electric car company!