ScAmazon

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Kzoo,

Ordered a new router for the office.  Had not seen it show up, so I tracked it, showed delivered.  Logged into USPS with tracking number and it showed delivered "left in mailbox".  Our mail slot is very small.  no way a router was in our box in the mailroom, but I went down to check.  Sure enough, there was an envelope from Amazon's reseller in our mailbox.  Roughly 8" x 5" by 1/2".  

Fully expecting the envelope not to contain a router, I took pics of the envelope and tracking label prior to opening it.

Upon opening it, I would three individually packaged "FOOT COVERS" 

Got Amazon on the phone and got a bit of run around, got to a supervisor and they have filed a claim and will give the reseller 48 hours to refund our money

Caveat Emptor and all, but I failed to check out the reseller prior to ordering.  Had I done so, I would have seen their horrible rating and similar tales of woe from other idiots like me.

Hopefully Bezos jumps in his rocket ship and blasts over there and tells these people off!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

It's a router.  You can get one at Best Buy.  Or stop at Walmart on your way to Best Buy.

And Walmart has foot warmers.

That's what I said, but the CTO and our network guys say we have to have this super duper swell neat o router.   

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Whatever...  Here's a link to order one. Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine

I already ordered that one before starting my whining.  Hopefully I do not get more socks.  In a strange way, it is sort of fitting that I got scammed and ended up with socks of all things.

• Haha 1

Just now, jsharr said:

I already ordered that one before starting my whining.  Hopefully I do not get more socks.  In a strange way, it is sort of fitting that I got scammed and ended up with socks of all things.

Do people in TX wear socks? Isn't it like 150F there in the summer? Do you have a nice pair of cowboy sandals?

Cowboy Boot Sandals Is The Newest Trend That Keeps Your Toes Cool | Bored  Panda

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, jsharr said:

Ordered a new router for the office.  Had not seen it show up, so I tracked it, showed delivered.  Logged into USPS with tracking number and it showed delivered "left in mailbox".  Our mail slot is very small.  no way a router was in our box in the mailroom, but I went down to check.  Sure enough, there was an envelope from Amazon's reseller in our mailbox.  Roughly 8" x 5" by 1/2".  

Fully expecting the envelope not to contain a router, I took pics of the envelope and tracking label prior to opening it.

Upon opening it, I would three individually packaged "FOOT COVERS" 

Got Amazon on the phone and got a bit of run around, got to a supervisor and they have filed a claim and will give the reseller 48 hours to refund our money

Caveat Emptor and all, but I failed to check out the reseller prior to ordering.  Had I done so, I would have seen their horrible rating and similar tales of woe from other idiots like me.

Hopefully Bezos jumps in his rocket ship and blasts over there and tells these people off!

There are LOTS of products where review after review complains them, but the seller pads the ratings with fake reviews. Amazon lets them keep selling. Outrageous.

I looked at fly swatters and for some there were pictures from multiple people showing they broke on the first swat.

I went to Walmart and bought a pack of two for 88 cents.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

There are LOTS of products where review after review complains them, but the seller pads the ratings with fake reviews. Amazon lets them keep selling. Outrageous.

I looked at fly swatters and for some there were pictures from multiple people showing they broke on the first swat.

I went to Walmart and bought a pack of two for 88 cents.

What does a fake fly swatter review say? I have to ask, because I think it’s highly unlikely that I will ever read a review before ordering a fly swatter.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

The only trouble I had with Amazon was when I ordered a pair on kayak racks and I watched the tracking and when they got to Pennsylvania I expected to get them the next day. The next day it showed them delivered in Ma.

I reported it to amazon and they refunded my money and removed that seller from Amazon. I don’t understand how the seller could control the tracking. :scratchhead:

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

From his moon base!

I wonder whose base is cooler - Bezos and his moon base or Musk and his Mars base?

I think Gates and Buffett really fucked up going with their deep sea base and their deep under the South Pole base (respectively).  Betting on an inhabitable planet seems remarkably short-sighted.

• Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I wonder whose base is cooler - Bezos and his moon base or Musk and his Mars base?

I think Gates and Buffett really fucked up going with their deep sea base and their deep under the South Pole base (respectively).  Betting on an inhabitable planet seems remarkably short-sighted.

I have a delicious base