Loss of appetite

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Razors Edge,

Lately, I have a hard time finishing a meal.  Take two or three bites and done.  Ordered a sandwich from Potbelly.  Only ate half.    

Had a small breakfast burrito yesterday AM, skipped lunch and ate a very small dinner.

Stopped at the deli this AM, as I felt hungry,  Got a bacon egg and cheese burrito and after eating half, I am full.

Maybe I am just getting old and slowing down and body does not need as much fuel?

Maybe it is a tumor?

Serious case of PRI? 

discus

I am not a doctor but my extensive education and training tells me that you can rule out PRI. When you have it, you know it. There are no other symptoms like loss of appetite. Loss of appetite may have been caused by your exposure to some images on this forum and are a subliminal message from your brain that you need a break. I recommend a healthy dose of tequila in a safe place to the point of a hangover in the morning. Your appetite will return to normal after that.

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Ordered a sandwich from Potbelly.  Only ate half.    

More often than not...   WoBG and I will go out to lunch or dinner.   We will eat half, I'm full....   and we take the leftovers home for another meal.   Average cost per meal is 1/2 too.  

That's one benefit of getting old.  

• Heart 2

Just now, Old No. 7 said:

I recommend a healthy dose of tequila in a safe place to the point of a hangover in the morning.

Two things this brings to mind:

1) he is DRINKING his calories, so of course he isn't as hungry.

and

2) sleep eating.  Probably should set up a camera near the fridge or other places near food, and see if it records him woofing down food while sleepwalking. 

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I would get a test to be sure it is not COVID as worry makes you less hungry.

No fever, no loss of taste or smell, no problem breathing.  Just not very hungry lately.  Been going on for quite some time, not just today or this week.  Gradual loss of appetite, most likely related to slowing metabolism, less activity, etc.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

No fever, no loss of taste or smell, no problem breathing.  Just not very hungry lately.  Been going on for quite some time, not just today or this week.  Gradual loss of appetite, most likely related to slowing metabolism, less activity, etc.

I still say it is related to the weather.  I will bet that your appetite returns with the return of cool weather.

• Heart 1

How long has this been going on?  I do think it's worth paying attention to any significant changes.   It could just be the heat or stress, but if you haven't had a physical recently, it's probably good to have one regularly anyway.  .

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

How long has this been going on?  I do think it's worth paying attention to any significant changes.   It could just be the heat or stress, but if you haven't had a physical recently, it's probably good to have one regularly anyway.  .

I see my doc every three months.