Getting old sucks

Longjohn

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I hope to never get old.

You already are experiencing one of the symptoms... eating less.   @Razors Edge is getting slower....    It just happens to all of us. 

In the video as soon as they mentioned 'drink less beer'  F that... I'd rather drink the beer.  

I'm eating less and also slower riding on my bike.   And WoBG and I are already back from our Friday night late afternoon date.  No beer on the date... wine.  

That said... I'm still on the green side of the grass, so it's was a good day.

• Awesome 3

6 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Question:  If everyone is a Grand Master, why do we have ratings?

And @Dottles is showing a symptoms too..   his memory is going...  too many late nights working on computer code.  Not posting in the correct thread.    Possibly going to lose his GM rank.

• Haha 1

Lots of things about getting old stink, but there are some good things.  There are a lot of things that would have made me worried when I was in my 20's that just don't bother me at all now. :nodhead:

• Heart 2

I'm also noticing references on TV shows to not being able to do things because of being over 60 or 70 that's usually not true.

Of course, when the Beatles did "When I'm 64," I thought that was as ancient as the script writers must think today.

Today, I saw a re-run of 2 & 1/2 Men where Alan says he once dated a 70 year-old until he went to her house and she couldn't remember who he was.

On Mom, Christy's gambler's anonymous sponsor says he can't eat wings because he's 64.

When my mother was in her mid-70's, my brother played a trick on her and ordered the delivery of suicide wings.  She ate one after another and my brother was angry because "They brought the wrong wings."  Then he ate one and ran for a drink of water!

• Haha 1

Getting old is like my computer keyboard.  I thought my tab key was stuck. So I ran out and bought a new keyboard.

Then I tried unsticking the key..it worked..but kinda of iffy. And I can't have keyboard fail when I work from home. Am keeping my brand-new keyboard when this 4 yr. old keyboard klunks out (soon). 

So that's what gettin' old is:  body parts are fine, just less reliable occasionally. Gettin' old means thinking a few seconds more when stepping on ice, off curbs, etc. Back-ups plans start to creep into edges of your head.

• Heart 1

46 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

When my mother was in her mid-70's, my brother played a trick on her and ordered the delivery of suicide wings.  She ate one after another and my brother was angry because "They brought the wrong wings."  Then he ate one and ran for a drink of water!

I’ve never had a suicide wing that I thought was too hot.I think as they come up with new levels of heat like ghost peppers, Trinidad Scorpion, and Carolina Reaper  they are dumbing down the old standards. Arbi sell jalapeño poppers with 0 heat. What’s up with that?

22 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I love this! We have a local band from Sun City called "One Foot in the Grave." It's a bunch of old guys playing hard rock and heavy metal. They're actually pretty good once the meds kick in (their joke, not mine).

• Awesome 2