I think the ranks should go

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Razors Edge,

Just now, Bikeguy said:

It could be worse for you guys...   

I was busted down from a GM to Pack Fodder.  :(

Sort of the difference of "how we see ourselves" vs "how we really are"!  Beat down by reality.  Heck, at least pack fodder is in the pack!!

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

What's a Garmin virtual partner?

My old Garmin 800 had a virtual partner.   You set the partners average speed. The VP rides at that speed over the distance you ride.   During the ride, you can see the difference in time and distance, between you and your VP.   Up until the last 2 rides, my VP was always ahead of me. 

Yesterday about 1 1/2 miles before the end of my ride, is a climb out of the Illinois River valley.   I was 2 minutes an 40 seconds ahead of my VP.  He gained back about 1:40 on my on that hill.  But I still was ahead of the VP at the end of the ride.   

• Awesome 1

Just now, Bikeguy said:

My old Garmin 800 had a virtual partner.   You set the partners average speed. The VP rides at that speed over the distance you ride.   During the ride, you can see the difference in time and distance, between you and your VP.   Up until the last 2 rides, my VP was always ahead of me. 

Yesterday about 1 1/2 miles before the end of my ride, is a climb out of the Illinois River valley.   I was 2 minutes an 40 seconds ahead of my VP.  He gained back about 1:40 on my on that hill.  But I still was ahead of the VP at the end of the ride.   

That's my one gripe with the VP - it basically rides at the average speed of the segment, so a hill at the end can rapidly swing things the other direction.  It would be neat if it had your (or the KOM) best effort and matched the pace along the route accordingly.