Thank God Jeopardy Is In Reruns!

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Have you been living under a rock?

But...me and Linda are on the same page with this:

Let me say first that I don't have opinions — at all — about whether Mike Richards, who was recently announced as the new host of Jeopardy!, will be a good host. (While they announced that there are two new hosts, understand that's not really the case — more on that in a moment.) I haven't been terribly interested in post-Trebek Jeopardy!, and I didn't closely follow the weeks in which there were guest hosts like Aaron Rodgers, Robin Roberts, LeVar Burton, and others. So I'm entirely willing to give all the benefit of the doubt to them that he did a good job guest-hosting and will be a good permanent host.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

But...me and Linda are on the same page with this:

Let me say first that I don't have opinions — at all — about whether Mike Richards, who was recently announced as the new host of Jeopardy!, will be a good host. (While they announced that there are two new hosts, understand that's not really the case — more on that in a moment.) I haven't been terribly interested in post-Trebek Jeopardy!, and I didn't closely follow the weeks in which there were guest hosts like Aaron Rodgers, Robin Roberts, LeVar Burton, and others. So I'm entirely willing to give all the benefit of the doubt to them that he did a good job guest-hosting and will be a good permanent host.

Who is Linda and why in the heck should I care what she thinks?

• Solution
41 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

He has always been my wife’s pick.

I respect that but it seems underhanded to me that he worked on the show and was involved in picking the guest hosts, etc...  He did not do a bad job at all-- he was pretty good.  To me it feels like he got the job in a less than honest way.

41 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I respect that but it seems underhanded to me that he worked on the show and was involved in picking the guest hosts, etc...  He did not do a bad job at all-- he was pretty good.  To me it feels like he got the job in a less than honest way.

I doubt those things ever crossed her mind, and since I do not watch the show, I’ve got no ‘dog’ in the fight. Not sure what she liked about him.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, sheep_herder said:

I doubt those things ever crossed her mind,

They weren't exactly things that were mentioned or brought to the forefront of the quasi-search.  Unless she was a super Jeopardy-groupie, she'd never know or hear about it.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

They weren't exactly things that were mentioned or brought to the forefront of the quasi-search.  Unless she was a super Jeopardy-groupie, she'd never know or hear about it.

She is a super groupie, but was not bothered by the information. She always referred to him as the manager. Her clock is set to 6:00pm, and always manages to return to the house in time for the show.

• Heart 1