This Route Looks Fun

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Zephyr,

• Solution
1 hour ago, denniS said:

We had that one on our short list of routes last year. The logistics sounded hard and then covid, so we scraped it for now. 

I've read so much Howard Norman, I feel the need to visit Newfoundland.

I lived there for nine years.  We were flooded with American tourists from the eastern seaboard every year.  Do not go there without heading just a bit north of the trail to Gros Morne National Park

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Like the flooding of the Nile bringing rich nutrients to the parched land?

Apparently it was widely touted that if you wanted to see Alaska but it was too far/expensive to get there, then go to Newfoundland because the climate/flora and fauna is similar

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Apparently it was widely touted that if you wanted to see Alaska but it was too far/expensive to get there, then go to Newfoundland because the climate/flora and fauna is similar

I've been to Alaska, so now you say I don't need to go to Newfoundland?  No way! :D

I could see, though, how years ago folks did see it as more "approachable" than Alaska.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I've been to Alaska, so now you say I don't need to go to Newfoundland?  No way! :D

I could see, though, how years ago folks did see it as more "approachable" than Alaska.

But fair warning..., lots if icebergs there in June if you go.  And you know how nefarious they can be.

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

But fair warning..., lots if icebergs there in June if you go.  And you know how nefarious they can be.

Since I'd be on land, I'll be picking @Longjohn's brain for ways to identify quicksand and best methods to survive a trap!

• Haha 1