Speaking of Tim Tebow...

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Dottleshead,

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Duh. He got married in 2020.  Being cooped up by himself all day finally convinced him to find a lady!

Most Christians I know are sexual and find a way to forgive themselves. In fact, sex and romance are desires in my view that are literally impossible to stop. In other words, being a hypocrite really is not an act against God. It's an act of loneliness, desire, lust, and love all wrapped into one.

He's still a shitty football player.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...do you think finally getting laid helped or hurt his game?  It had to help, right?

He looked awful in the little time he played in the first preseason game and it was clear he was going to be cut - as he was today.

He ran wrong patterns and ended up in the same place as wide receivers. He defenders rushed right past him into the backfield when he tried to block them. He didn't catch the one pass thrown his way.  Great athlete, but too little experience at tight end and too long in the tooth.  His college coach was giving him one last-gasp shot at playing in the NFL and, initially in the preseason you need a lot of bodies anyway.  Now teams are making cuts and running fewer simultaneous sessions and there was no way to keep Tebow.

10 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I. Not a fan of football, I am a fan of Tim, I find him remarkable.

Because he's Christian, right?  Anybody following football knows he was overrated. He certainly couldn't pass -- I don't care what his college stats say.  I don't think he deserved the Heisman either -- but I can accept it because overall he was a good athlete as @MickinMD says, and he had a lot of other tangents that are important to be considered.  He was a very good college athlete but it was clear to me that he didn't have what was required to go to the next round.  Personally, I got sick of hearing about him.  I kind of felt that way about Vinnie Testicle too. In fact, most of the QB play coming out of Florida fails to make it at the professional level.  Bunch of hype and little substance.  Kosar and Kelly seem to be the exceptions that come to mind.

35 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Because he's Christian, right?  Anybody following football knows he was overrated. He certainly couldn't pass -- I don't care what his college stats say.  I don't think he deserved the Heisman either -- but I can accept it because overall he was a good athlete as @MickinMD says, and he had a lot of other tangents that are important to be considered.  He was a very good college athlete but it was clear to me that he didn't have what was required to go to the next round.  Personally, I got sick of hearing about him.  I kind of felt that way about Vinnie Testicle too. In fact, most of the QB play coming out of Florida fails to make it at the professional level.  Bunch of hype and little substance.  Kosar and Kelly seem to be the exceptions that come to mind.

THIS...And I don't say that as a Florida State grad.

Urban Meyers really let Tim Tebow down. Rather than developing Tebow's strengths, he built the team around Tebow's strengths. Looked good with National Championship years and Heisman Trophy, but it denied Tim the adaption development required at the next level. No NFL team was going to structure themselves around Tim...nor should they irrespective who the quarterback is - Tom Brady and all! While the quarterback (and other dynamic players in other positions) they may become the face of the team, but each adapts to the coach's system. If they don't like it, they request a transfer/trade...but aren't let go/fired.

• Heart 1