Can You Touch Your Toes...

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by maddmaxx,

...standing up and without bending your knees?  I don't think I can anymore.  I barely could when I was sort of flexible.  Maybe after a soak in a hot tub or a massage?  Or a long yoga session.  But not easily, and certainly not without a bit of effort.

• Solution
Just now, Razors Edge said:

Getting up "cold" from my desk chair. No luck.  A good 2" to 3" from my toes.  Not going to risk injury by trying to go further.

With age comes wisdom.  I need to warm up also before touching my toes........with the palm of my hand.  Before that there will be a short scream followed by a week of limping around.  Stretching prevents screeching.

I have a really tight left hammie more so than my right.  In order to properly stretch the right hammie I have to bend my left knee.  So yeah I can touch the right toe with the left knee bent but come about to the top of my ankle with the left knee straight. 

9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

With age comes wisdom.  I need to warm up also before touching my toes........with the palm of my hand.  Before that there will be a short scream followed by a week of limping around.  Stretching prevents screeching.

I blast my lower back with pretty hot water in the shower, get dressed real fast and do my back stretches and exercises then .  I can place my palms on the floor so it seems to work. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I did it with a little effort. I spent the morning sitting cross-legged on the floor working on a copier. For some reason that amazes people. 
A couple weeks ago at Hear GI, I was talking to the owners of a coffee shop I frequent. They and their staff are my kids’ ages. The band said how low can you go? And they started doing deep knee bends. I was the only one who could get my butt to my heels. 

Just now, groupw said:

I did it with a little effort. I spent the morning sitting cross-legged on the floor working on a copier. For some reason that amazes people. 
A couple weeks ago at Hear GI, I was talking to the owners of a coffee shop I frequent. They and their staff are my kids’ ages. The band said how low can you go? And they started doing deep knee bends. I was the only one who could get my butt to my heels. 

Oddly, I am fine that way (cross legged or squatting).  I think it is totally uneven muscle length/flexibility between the group on the front of the legs and the grouping on the back of the legs (and my lower back muscles).

I haven’t been able to touch my toes in years. But I haven’t been exercising or riding my bike and I lost 50 pounds of muscle. I surprised myself and I can now touch my toes. Hopefully this won’t last long. I see the cardiologist on Thursday and my last chemo treatment is on Friday. Next Friday I see my oncologist and see what we accomplished with the chemo. If I can get off some of these restrictions by September maybe I can get my life back. I blew the whole summer with all these stupid health problems. I feel like an old person.

I just did it without stretching.  I did it very slowly almost as if it was a stretch and I managed to touch my toes.  With some stretching I can, like Wilbur put my palms on the floor.  Perhaps it's an advantage to be 6'+ tall with only a 30" inseam.  At least I don't have to bend over to scratch my knees.