Well Done, Kirkland!

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by MoseySusan,

My most recent bag of Kirkland (Costco) "All Chocolate" minis was a WIN!

In the bag, with no apparent rhyme or reason, is Snickers, 100 Grand, M&Ms, Peanut M&Ms, Milky Way, Kit Kat, Twix, Reeses PB cup, York peppermint patties, and the DREADED Almond Joy.

This batch was light on both the Reese's and, most importantly, the Almond Joys!!!!  YAY!!! That is a HOME RUN in my book.  Out of ~150 pieces, only 7 were Almond Joys.  Well under my normal average, and hopefully, due to @MickinMD almond shortage, something they consider leaving out altogether in future bags. Maybe swap in 3 Musketeers or Crunch.  Hopefully not the even more dreaded - and dreadful - Mounds :angry:

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I’ll take those Almond Joy and Mounds minis off your hands. Sometimes I feel like a nut; sometimes I don’t. But I always like coconut and chocolate. 

Literally the two WORST candy bars ever.  Nothing with the exception of obscure ones come close to being worse.

I give the AJs to my wife. One of her biggest character flaws is that she likes AJs.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

In the bag, with no apparent rhyme or reason, is Snickers, 100 Grand, M&Ms, Peanut M&Ms, Milky Way, Kit Kat, Twix, Reeses PB cup, York peppermint patties, and the DREADED Almond Joy.

This batch was light on both the Reese's and, most importantly, the Almond Joys!!!!  YAY!!! That is a HOME RUN in my book.  Out of ~150 pieces, only 7 were Almond Joys.  Well under my normal average, and hopefully, due to @MickinMD almond shortage, something they consider leaving out altogether in future bags. Maybe swap in 3 Musketeers or Crunch.  Hopefully not the even more dreaded - and dreadful - Mounds :angry:

Those minis are great.  I used to always get a couple bags of them for trick or treaters and enjoyed snacking on the leftovers.  Over the past decade, there haven't been many trick or treaters at my house and one bag more than works.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Did your mom drop you on your head as a child?

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

I’ll take those Almond Joy and Mounds minis off your hands. Sometimes I feel like a nut; sometimes I don’t. But I always like coconut and chocolate. 

I will take some too. I save those and put all the others in my secretary’s candy dish that lots of people graze from. 

• Awesome 1

13 hours ago, Dottles said:

Kirkland, WASHINGTON.  Home to the elite.  You like rich food @Razors Edge.

Darn tootin!

I will say, though, that Costco screwed up on their "miniatures"/bite size bag.  The snack size ones I often get like the OP bag are like three bites each, and all "brand name" and mainstream.  The bite size ones are a similar mix EXCEPT instead of Reese's PB cups, they use "Kirkland" PB cups - and WAY TOO MANY per bag.  Reese's and Kirkland PB cups are a "great in moderation" snack as the peanut butter really adds up quick.  I get why Costco did the substitute since they sell a big tub of just the Kirkland PB cups, so already have them in the loop, and, in all likelihood, they are just rebranded Reese's cups so the processing & packaging is not affected.

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I get why Costco did the substitute since they sell a big tub of just the Kirkland PB cups, so already have them in the loop, and, in all likelihood, they are just rebranded Reese's cups so the processing & packaging is not affected

How is this then “screwed up on their miniatures/bite sized bag?” :dontknow: I don’t understand. 

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

"EXCEPT instead of Reese's PB cups, they use "Kirkland" PB cups - and WAY TOO MANY per bag."

But then you said they’re probably the same candy, different wrappers. If so, I don’t see the error. But if not, then…I still don’t see a mistake. Knowing the ratio of KPb to brand candies in the bag of minis seems to have had no effect on your purchase. 

6 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

But then you said they’re probably the same candy, different wrappers. If so, I don’t see the error. But if not, then…I still don’t see a mistake. Knowing the ratio of KPb to brand candies in the bag of minis seems to have had no effect on your purchase. 

Well, same brand/different wrappers, but the bite size bag is a different size PB cup as well.  The snack size is a regular single PB cup - like two or three bites.  The bite size minis are actually a little bigger than a single bite, but too small for two bites.  So, sizing is wrong, but also ratio is super wrong - too many of them in the bite size bag!  So, by getting the sizing and ratio wrong, they have screwed up and I don't buy that bag unless the other one is sold out.  If they had went with just bite size miniatures throughout the bag and kept a similar ratio to the snack bag, both bags would be winners!