Rain or Heat?

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Gump,

Another rainy day in VA.  It keeps the temps down (it is August after all), but damned if it isn't a bit dismal :(

My last three rides have been rides in the rain - often despite the lies of the weathermorans - but today's rain is the "don't even bother heading out because it is socked in" type.  I think we may get a brief window today where it isn't  raining, but I bet there are puddles and standing water everywhere. 

We sort of "need" the rain, but I'll take dry and hot over wet and mild.  I prefer rain in the overnight hours where it does the most good and is least disruptive to my life :)

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

You forgot to mention flooding. Flash flood warning for the region through the afternoon. Hot and humid with daily thunderstorm risk is the extended forecast. 

The Garmin gives me that warning before rides - a lot lately - but never tells me where (like, is that a zip code specific warning or the broader multiple COUNTIES one we get and for several hours).  I think the only flooded area I even encounter is when the creek overruns the W&OD out by Leesburg. That's always annoying. 

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

I could do without the grit up my back from the rear wheel, but a quick wash with the garden hose and it's like it never happened.

I come into the house, strip down, toss my jersey into the sink for a quick soak/rinse before any stains can set in if I allowed it to dry.  Worst is a white jersey in the rain, as that usually requires me bring out the Oxyclean for an extra dose of prevention.