Zephyr's 1,000 miles - Miles Postings

Square Wheels

16 hours ago, Scrapr said:

43.39 on Sat the 21th.  Woke up @6:30 am & shit!....it's raining. My miles were in jeopardy. Hung around, walked the dogs, got a bagel & coffee & watched the roads dry up. So kitted up like it was February & went out. (it was 60  degrees!!!) I put a loop on the end of my nermal mileage & thought I would get >45. It's a good thing cause I was struggling the last few miles/hills. 3 energy gels (Salted Carmel by the Sea)

Do we have to wait up all night for the Hawaii results?

@Square Wheels. Please add these miles to our total...they got missed yesterday!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I agree, this was a great idea @Zephyr thanks. Like organizing any event, you never know what the weather will be like. I think we did dang good getting w/in 100 miles of 1000. Hopefully some other peeps will post theirs. Nice job all :)  Thanks for tallying it up @Square Wheels

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

Because a) I just renewed my license after 4 years and 2) Google Maps was wrong on the distance.  Either that or Mr. Toyota has a bad odometer. Either way, Google Maps != Mr. Toyota.

My Garmin Edge 530 has decent maps that my Edge 510 didn't, but I'm still on a learning curve and have to figure out how to keep it from auto switching back and forth between a map view of the course I'm riding and the data "dashboard."

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

They count, added.  Screw you @Razors Edge

Rain?!  You let that stop you?  Holy crap.  You're weaker than I thought.  Please tell me your in Cali still because then I might cut you some slack for being in the environment you're in.  Plus their drivers stink in the rain.

16 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

You didn't wear your Garmin watch?

You know, I feel bad because I've not been wearing it since I've moved into this place and bought a new work desk.  The strap is at desk level and always gets caught up on the edge when I move my mouse around.  It got to be such an issue I just took it off and there it sits on my work desk.  I totally forgot it was an option to be honest with you.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dottles said:

You know, I feel bad because I've not been wearing it since I've moved into this place and bought a new work desk.  The strap is at desk level and always gets caught up on the edge when I move my mouse around.  It got to be such an issue I just took it off and there it sits on my work desk.  I totally forgot it was an option to be honest with you.

Watches do not go on the mouse arm side.  There's a reason.

• Heart 1

On 8/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Square Wheels said:

Member Miles
Old No. 7 36
TrentonMakes 24
Gumo 36
Airehead 30
smudge 24.85
Wilbur 58.6
petitepedal 12
maddmaxx 25.2
groupw 50.3
Further 15.57
JerrySTL 27
Longjohn 8.2
Square Wheels 46.58
bikeman564™ 65
az_cyclist 62.8
Philander Seabury 21.16
Palesaint 19.8
TrentonMakes 13.8
SpeedDemon 53.7
Bikeguy 21.2
AirwickWithCheese 8.11
goldendesign 14
Thaddeus Kosciuszko 65.3
MickinMD 4.07
shootingstar 20.5
Dottles 26.3
jdc2000 34
 Road Runner 32
Scrapr 43.39
UglyBob 10.95
MoseySusan 11
Razors Edge 101.28
denniS 62.9

4 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Assuming Dennis' miles were on Sunday, our total was 1085.56 miles, with 910 miles recorded on Saturday,  and 175 recorded on Sunday by those unavailable on Saturday.  :cheerleader:

This is amazing. So many of us slackers got on our bikes.  

• Awesome 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, Dottles said:

Agreed. But you don't need a mask outside and when you're not around anybody -- unless you were walking the fair grounds.

It matters when you have particulates at an unheathy level.  It has been red days out here and one day was even considered purple, which is hazardous.  

I am not able to ride at all right now.  It causes me to draw in a ton of oxygen and that is very bad right now.

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It matters when you have particulates at an unheathy level.  It has been red days out here and one day was even considered purple, which is hazardous.  

I am not able to ride at all right now.  It causes me to draw in a ton of oxygen and that is very bad right now.

Yeah, I'm very sorry DH.  I was thinking the covid angle and not the forest fire one.  Geez.  Take care of yourself and definitely work a mask.  Take care.