Jump to content

Zephyr's 1,000 miles - Miles Postings


Square Wheels
 Share

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

there's this new thing called google maps. You drove your car? Why do you hate 'merica

Because a) I just renewed my license after 4 years and 2) Google Maps was wrong on the distance.  Either that or Mr. Toyota has a bad odometer. Either way, Google Maps != Mr. Toyota.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



16 hours ago, Scrapr said:

43.39 on Sat the 21th.  Woke up @6:30 am & shit!....it's raining. My miles were in jeopardy. Hung around, walked the dogs, got a bagel & coffee & watched the roads dry up. So kitted up like it was February & went out. (it was 60  degrees!!!) I put a loop on the end of my nermal mileage & thought I would get >45. It's a good thing cause I was struggling the last few miles/hills. 3 energy gels (Salted Carmel by the Sea)

Do we have to wait up all night for the Hawaii results?

@Square Wheels. Please add these miles to our total...they got missed yesterday!

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

Because a) I just renewed my license after 4 years and 2) Google Maps was wrong on the distance.  Either that or Mr. Toyota has a bad odometer. Either way, Google Maps != Mr. Toyota.

My Garmin Edge 530 has decent maps that my Edge 510 didn't, but I'm still on a learning curve and have to figure out how to keep it from auto switching back and forth between a map view of the course I'm riding and the data "dashboard."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Since Sunday miles count we will definitely make it.  Clarification, Sunday miles for people who were unable to ride on Saturday. 

Sunday miles count?  Even if we rode yesterday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

They count, added.  Screw you @Razors Edge

Rain?!  You let that stop you?  Holy crap.  You're weaker than I thought.  Please tell me your in Cali still because then I might cut you some slack for being in the environment you're in.  Plus their drivers stink in the rain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I walked 6 miles, with an N95.  I had yard work that I was doing.  

Agreed. But you don't need a mask outside and when you're not around anybody -- unless you were walking the fair grounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

You didn't wear your Garmin watch?

You know, I feel bad because I've not been wearing it since I've moved into this place and bought a new work desk.  The strap is at desk level and always gets caught up on the edge when I move my mouse around.  It got to be such an issue I just took it off and there it sits on my work desk.  I totally forgot it was an option to be honest with you.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Dottles said:

You know, I feel bad because I've not been wearing it since I've moved into this place and bought a new work desk.  The strap is at desk level and always gets caught up on the edge when I move my mouse around.  It got to be such an issue I just took it off and there it sits on my work desk.  I totally forgot it was an option to be honest with you.

Watches do not go on the mouse arm side.  There's a reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Watches do not go on the mouse arm side.  There's a reason.

Good catch? I just realized this when I reread it. It was actually worse. It kept catching when I used the keyboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Further said:

And I know a few people here have read Bill Bryson's "a Walk in the Woods"   Does Dottles remind you of Katz ?

I am not Katz.  And I would not steal people's shoe laces either.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Square Wheels said:

 

 

Member Miles
Old No. 7 36
TrentonMakes 24
Gumo 36
Airehead 30
smudge 24.85
Wilbur 58.6
petitepedal 12
maddmaxx 25.2
groupw 50.3
Further 15.57
JerrySTL 27
Longjohn 8.2
Square Wheels 46.58
bikeman564™ 65
az_cyclist 62.8
Philander Seabury 21.16
Palesaint 19.8
TrentonMakes 13.8
SpeedDemon 53.7
Bikeguy 21.2
AirwickWithCheese 8.11
goldendesign 14
Thaddeus Kosciuszko 65.3
MickinMD 4.07
shootingstar 20.5
Dottles 26.3
jdc2000 34
 Road Runner 32
Scrapr 43.39
UglyBob 10.95
MoseySusan 11
Razors Edge 101.28
denniS 62.9
   
   
   
   
  1085.56

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

So what was the total?

Assuming Dennis' miles were on Sunday, our total was 1085.56 miles, with 910 miles recorded on Saturday,  and 175 recorded on Sunday by those unavailable on Saturday.  :cheerleader:

  • Awesome 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Assuming Dennis' miles were on Sunday, our total was 1085.56 miles, with 910 miles recorded on Saturday,  and 175 recorded on Sunday by those unavailable on Saturday.  :cheerleader:

This is amazing. So many of us slackers got on our bikes.  

  • Awesome 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, Dottles said:

Agreed. But you don't need a mask outside and when you're not around anybody -- unless you were walking the fair grounds.

It matters when you have particulates at an unheathy level.  It has been red days out here and one day was even considered purple, which is hazardous.  

I am not able to ride at all right now.  It causes me to draw in a ton of oxygen and that is very bad right now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It matters when you have particulates at an unheathy level.  It has been red days out here and one day was even considered purple, which is hazardous.  

I am not able to ride at all right now.  It causes me to draw in a ton of oxygen and that is very bad right now.

Yeah, I'm very sorry DH.  I was thinking the covid angle and not the forest fire one.  Geez.  Take care of yourself and definitely work a mask.  Take care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did 380 miles Saturday, in the truck, but there were 4 bikes in the bed, so does that count for 1440?

Sunday was catch up the garden and yard after vacation.  3 of the bikes are still in the truck, haven't finished unpacking yet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...