Hey medical types, symptom-related question...

Randomguy

So I am sick like dog, started Monday in the afternoon, following RB's early weekend acquisition of this illness.  By Tuesday, full blown sore throat, massive congestion, super-fatigue.  Today I felt even worse, with massive congestion now accompanied by massively runny nose, blowing it every few minutes at least, fatigue is crushing.  Also, I have SW's disease where I pee and feel like I have to pee in just a few minutes, so I do.  The only thing I am taking for this thing is 12-hour Sudafed, and today had very little to eat, just a protein drink around noonish and then a couple of oranges I split with RB (she ate about a quarter of one).

Here is where it gets interesting, though.  Around 3:00, I decided it would be good for RB and RG to actually see the sun, and I dragged my sick, fatigued ass downstairs with the stroller and the baby and went out.

I was walking incredibly slowly because I felt like death, maybe a half-mile an hour.  I felt really light-headed, too.  I ducked in a pharmacy to get something and thought I would check to see if my blood pressure had dropped for some reason while I was there.  Nope, 124 over 85, with a 122 bpm heart rate.  I figured the HR thing was broken, but I do have a heart-rate app on my phone and checked there, twice.  128 and 127 bpm.  My resting HR as of a couple of weeks ago was between 52 and 56, and maybe 20 beats more if I was doing light strolling and such.

So is this to be expected with a virus like this?  Does Sudafed amp your HR?  Will I ever stop peeing?

I cannot take Sudafed,,,it makes my heart race....I take benedryl instead or clairatin .....Probably just the creeping crud but..you may want to check with a doc....SOmetimes plain old cud can make you feel like you are dying.

I am feeling slightly better after a bit of a nap.  The massive neck-ache has lifted.

I will do benedryl tonight.

Sorry...I never remember this crap...but if you have aches and a temp....keep up the drugs...advil or tylenol (dang one is better than the other)....drink plenty of fluids and eat what you can...you will either feel better in 3 days...or need to go to the Doctor on a Saturday...yeah like that will happen :whistle:

Good Luck

Will I ever stop peeing?

Sounds like something or other is screwing with your prostate.  An enlarged prostate can interfere with the normal emptying of your bladder, causing you to have pee a lot, but when you go, you don't pee a lot.  A lot of men start to develop this problem around the age of 50.  That and the drugs you are taking may be working together to cause this problem.  Have you had a checkup lately?  The doctor can check your prostate to see if there is any unusual enlargement.  I don't know why any OTC drug would cause your HR to double.  That doesn't sound right to me.

1 word

ebola

or a sprain

I don't think it is either.  Slept a real night of sleep last night, and feel markedly improved.  Far from all-good, but human.

I might have sprained the bladder, but that seems improved, too, and seated and posting HR is 78, so that is trending the right way, too.

I will sleep much of the day, I think, and make chicken soup when I am not sleeping.