If you're going to ask me a question

Thaddeus Kosciuszko

then afford me the courtesy to listen to my answer before asking your next question.

Which I would have answered for you anyway as part of my answer to your first question, if you'd only let me finish.

Which only takes more time because you won't understand my answer to your second question until I finish my answer to your original question.

I'll let you interrupt me three times.

After the third time, I'll just keep right on speaking until you realize that I'm not listening to you ask your next question and you decide to stop speaking.

Then I'll go back at the point where you tried to interrupt and repeat what I had said, because you obviously didn't hear any of what I was saying while you were speaking.

It takes a little longer to communicate this way but eventually I'll train you that interrupting is not an efficient means of communication, at least when speaking with me. 

Listening is a lost skill, I believe, for most people in our society.  At times I've observed several people talking 'with' each other, except they were all talking at once and not one of them was listening to what any of the others was saying.  They were each focused on their own little selves, oblivious to the others.

• Heart 1

then afford me the courtesy to listen to my answer before asking your next question.

Which I would have answered for you anyway as part of my answer to your first question, if you'd only let me finish.

Which only takes more time because you won't understand my answer to your second question until I finish my answer to your original question.

I'll let you interrupt me three times.

After the third time, I'll just keep right on speaking until you realize that I'm not listening to you ask your next question and you decide to stop speaking.

Then I'll go back at the point where you tried to interrupt and repeat what I had said, because you obviously didn't hear any of what I was saying while you were speaking.

It takes a little longer to communicate this way but eventually I'll train you that interrupting is not an efficient means of communication, at least when speaking with me. 

Listening is a lost skill, I believe, for most people in our society.  At times I've observed several people talking 'with' each other, except they were all talking at once and not one of them was listening to what any of the others was saying.  They were each focused on their own little selves, oblivious to the others.

Shirley as a EE you can appreciate the efficiency of a full duplex conversation, no? :D