Yeah. Maybe. Uh...NO EFFIN WAY!

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by donkpow,

I spy a triple crown and a DH helmet.

What I liked about this, although shuddering to see, was the fact that it showed you the consequences of freeriding like this.  You always see the glory edits but you don't often see all the times these guys crash.  You don't see the horrible things that can happen.

This ride had a lot of consequence.  Nope.  Not for me.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I spy a triple crown and a DH helmet.

What I liked about this, although shuddering to see, was the fact that it showed you the consequences of freeriding like this.  You always see the glory edits but you don't often see all the times these guys crash.  You don't see the horrible things that can happen.

This ride had a lot of consequence.  Nope.  Not for me.

Owl bet your e-mountain bike is really fast downhill.

• Sad 1

I only did crazy shit like that when I was young if a girl was watching.

The craziest was sliding down the near-vertical face of a 50 ft. high dam into 2 1/2 feet deep water to impress a girl I went to college with.  The head of the UMBC Physics Department calculated I was going about 40 mph when I hit the water.  I got a very slight bruise on my back from the concrete at the bottom, but nothing that kept me from enjoying the Blue Grass Festival she wanted to see later that day.

42 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I only did crazy shit like that when I was young if a girl was watching.

The craziest was sliding down the near-vertical face of a 50 ft. high dam into 2 1/2 feet deep water to impress a girl I went to college with.  The head of the UMBC Physics Department calculated I was going about 40 mph when I hit the water.  I got a very slight bruise on my back from the concrete at the bottom, but nothing that kept me from enjoying the Blue Grass Festival she wanted to see later that day.

Dam, that’s crazy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

The first e-bikes from Trek did probably ten years ago. I don’t know if any of the new bikes have that feature.

Seems it is more complicated but also thought about more as we get more and more e-bikes out there.

With most e-bike going with the crank/bottom bracket area motors, it seems those are unlikely to go with regenerative braking/charging.  The hub based motors seem to be mentioned as having potential for that, but the current crop of bikes seem to "disengage" when not pedaling, so are not able to charge or brake assist while coasting or using the brakes.  Likely a situation of the range of an e-bike is more than sufficient for almost all riders except a fringe few.

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Does an e-bike provide magnetic drag braking at high speeds?  Assuming it also generates power.  Serious question.  

No.  There is no drag, nor generation of power from pedaling of freewheeling, in regards to battery re-charge. Seems like a waste, IMHO.  That will be the next gen likely.

• Heart 1