Mexican street corn

Dirtyhip

Sounds excellent.  I cut and pasted your recipe and saved it my veggies folder.  It's one of those recipes you can add stuff to.

I bought my first road stand tomatoes in two years and the first really, really delicious ones in two years.  The last couple of nights I've been having 1-2 ears of white corn boiled for 3 minutes then butter & salt, a big, cut-up tomato that fills up 60% of an 11" dinner plate, and 6 oz. of sirloin steak that's been sous vide cooked at 135°F for 24 hours then seared in a trace of olive oil in a frying pan with a little steak sauce.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

There is a brew pub in Chandler AZ that serves this with Southwest fried chicken. It’s amazing!

This is the time of year to find elote’ at the taco trucks around here. I only get it a couple times in season. I love it but it’s definitely one of those too much of a good thing foods!

• Heart 2

21 minutes ago, Kirby said:

My local deli has a yummy corn salad that is a lot like that but doesn't have the mayo/yogurt.  Not a fan of mayo, but I think adding yogurt could be tasty.

Olive oil would be a good addition, like a TBSP.  The slightly creamy of the yogurt just finished it off nicely.  It doesn't really have a dressing.  It needs a littl more than just lime juice. 

• Heart 2