I signed up

Longjohn

50 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

It appears that Facebook is making it difficult to share outside of Facebook. I’ll try to figure out if it’s possible. In the meantime those that use FB can go there to my profile and they have a link to donate. Here is a screen shot.

094D50D8-435C-420B-8147-121EB850D9A2.png

A straight link (skipping FB) is up on their website.  Looking good to hit your goal! Aim higher :D

https://greatcyclechallenge.com/Riders/JohnFleet

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

57 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

A straight link (skipping FB) is up on their website.  Looking good to hit your goal! Aim higher :D

https://greatcyclechallenge.com/Riders/JohnFleet

Yay, that’s what I was looking for. Thanks.

I was posting from on the operating table while my dermatologist was cutting an invasive skin cancer out of my back. I don’t know how I’m supposed to change the bandage, I can’t reach my back.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I was posting from on the operating table while my dermatologist was cutting an invasive skin cancer out of my back. I don’t know how I’m supposed to change the bandage, I can’t reach my back.

Hopefully it is not something you change every day?!?!?  I could maybe get to 90% of the spots on my back, but the center top is tough.

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Hopefully it is not something you change every day?!?!?  I could maybe get to 90% of the spots on my back, but the center top is tough.

I haven’t seen it yet, he was stitching it up for a long time. I bought some four inch bandages that are like giant bandaids. That should be easier than trying to tape a pad on there.  Here is a photo of the last one he cut out, this one is more toward the center of my back.

F226FF55-3702-4243-BB36-89190C9B99BE.thumb.jpeg.92dd33e51715f0c6048379663e55f6a7.jpeg

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That reminds me….I need to call the dermatologist for my 6 month check

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, shootingstar said:

So to build up for ride, how many miles are you aiming daily before ride next month?  Just thinking about all the stuff your body has undergone in past few wks., LJ.

I’m going to try for twenty miles today. Driving to a rail trail to get away from hills.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

That sounds ambitious for what your body has been through. Good idea to take your brother just in case you need help. 

I don’t know what his plans are for today but he said he wants to get in more rides with me. Owl have to take the bike rack if he is going. If I go by myself I just throw my bike in the back.

14 hours ago, shootingstar said:

So to build up for ride, how many miles are you aiming daily before ride next month?  Just thinking about all the stuff your body has undergone in past few wks., LJ.

And it is a cumulative ride thing. Ie - 200 miles over the month, so LJ can take it in small (or large) chunks, where 5 miles here, 10 there, add up to the 200 in the month.

29 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’m going to try for twenty miles today. Driving to a rail trail to get away from hills.

A plan could be starting at the mid-point on a towpath, that rail trail, or some other flat path and ride 5 miles out, turn around and return the 5, assess how you feel and decide to head the other direction for more, to take a nice break, or to head home.  That way you have the option for longer rides, but also don't end up being pooped out with another 5 or 10 miles to ride (miserably).

• Awesome 1