Wow...Jay Vine

petitepedal

13 hours ago, Palesaint said:

Absolutely spectacular, what a recovery!

The race was on when he crashed.  Normally, I will stop what I am doing and watch WTF just happened (I was working so had on in background), but as Hannah started talking about it being a really hard crash, I just kept my head down and avoided looking. 

Throughout the rest of the show, they would occasionally mention it - still calling it horrible - but by the time I was actually watching it, they were past showing replays :) of it.  Then, out of nowhere, there he is!  They, Anthony and Hannah, were SHOCKED (as was I), and the dude just continued on  like a rock star. He probably would have won that stage.

Since we never see the commentators, here they are (behind masks):

image.thumb.png.712f551adac024e46ddfd005b261e434.png

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Palesaint said:

I'll have to check them out sometimes. I just watch the extended highlights with Bob Roll and Christian Vande Velde.

I did the Peacock $4.99 Vuelta option, so the whole stage is broadcast and then replayed.  They are pretty good and they do plenty of other events like the Giro or one day races - I think mainly on GCN+ but maybe Flo too?  Anyway, I like Bob and Christian, just not as much in a disjointed recap show.  Not sure where a FULL stage of them is available because it really feels like those two do a full stage of commentary and then it is edited down to a recap. I'd probably prefer those two (Bob and Christian) but only if they were actually in Spain with the race. I think that adds a lot to the commentary and experience.  In the past Christian and/or Bob (or now Chris) would ride part of that stage in the morning, and would talk it through during the broadcast. Hannah does that for the stages this year, and that is value added for sure. Sadly, the "full" TdF treatment is not likely to happen - and Flo is actually the only one that seems to do it as much anymore.  Sometimes GCN+ too, but rarely the NBC-owned "basic" coverage does it except Olympics and TdF.

• Heart 1