WoJSTL may have had a heart attack

JerrySTL

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Yes and due to COVID, I can't visit her. 

You may have heard my little heart attack story from the year 2000. We are hoping that it's similar for WoJSTL. It isn't from a lack of exercise as she's ridden 2,000 miles with me on the tandem this year plus does a lot of walking and taking classes at the YMCA such as water aerobics. We just talked on the phone and she wants me to put the stationary bike near the TV. We usually do that in the winter.

One good thing is that a cardiac nurse practitioner is one of my daughter's best friends plus she's been who I see annually. She's on duty this weekend and will see Patti tomorrow.

Since your wife is physically active and probably for quite awhile, it would be good to know what caused that heart attack. I'm certain she's fine with her diet.

Despite all the cycling for over 3 decades, dearie did have some arteries that were on the edge of tightening...  anyway, that seems like a dream not so long ago. 

• Hugs 1

Praying for a good outcome. I think they are still running a special on stents and Brillinta. I’m surprised they didn’t have her running on a treadmill. Both of my heart attacks they had me do the nuclear stress test on a tread mill. I could hear them Talking behind me that I couldn’t have had a heart attack. Then they got the pictures from the test and scheduled me for a heart cath.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Sorry to hear and hope for a smooth road to recovery. They say women's symptoms are different than men's, thus overlooked. There is a bigger question though. How did you get your wife to mow the lawn - with a push mower?

He probably told her it’s not hard, even a monkey can do it. Just ask 46.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I misspoke about the push mower. It's a gasoline mower but not a riding mower. The trick is to miss a few places and cut at strange angles. Maybe even change the deck height a few times. Make the lawn look like a bad haircut.

The next trick is to get WoJSTL to clean rain gutters. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

WoJSTL is Ok. One stent. Spending one more night in hospital. Great outcome. 

As mentioned earlier, heart disease and heart attacks in women don't seem to get the same amount of discussion as they deserve.  Good to see the positive outcome!  It seems these days "stents" are becoming a normal thing, and what used to be scary stuff is now just "scary but not quite as scary".

All three of my scheduled heart caths they scheduled me for early morning and then they kept pushing me back on the schedule because of people needing emergency caths. I asked them what kind of emergency? They said you said you were not having chest pain when they asked you. They all said they were. I got pushed back from Thursday morning to Friday morning to 7 pm Friday night. When they finally did it at 7pm they found a blockage in my widow maker artery. The open heart surgery team had already gone home and they said it was too risky to try to place a stent in that artery without the open heart team as backup so they took me back to my hospital room to wait until Monday. On Monday they finally got to me at 2pm. I guess I should have told them I had chest pain.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I hope you have good prescription insurance. $500.00 a month.

She's been prescribed Brilinta. I don't know the dosage or length of time. If our local military pharmacy carries it, the cost is free. If they don't have it in stock, I can order a 3 moth supply for $29. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2