WoJSTL may have had a heart attack

JerrySTL

56 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I don't know what Brillinta is for that LJ had.

Will she be on blood thinner for awhile?

Brillinta is a very specialized blood thinner for people that have suffered a heart attack and had stents placed. No need for regular blood tests to see if your blood is too thick or to thin like with rat poison warfarin . It was invented in cahoots with the stent makers and you have to take it twice a day for twelve months.

• Heart 2

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Update. We rode 18.3 miles together on the tandem. It's her first bike ride since the heart attack. The cardiac rehab people said that she could go 15 miles so we cheated a little. She's been walking almost daily to get in about 77,000 steps a week.

How long after she got out of the hospital was it before she started cardiac rehab? They waited with me until I got out of that stupid Life Vest. When I went in for my follow up visit and they found out I had been riding my bike they said I didn’t need cardiac rehab. I was doing good until I started chemo.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

How long after she got out of the hospital was it before she started cardiac rehab? They waited with me until I got out of that stupid Life Vest. When I went in for my follow up visit and they found out I had been riding my bike they said I didn’t need cardiac rehab. I was doing good until I started chemo.

About 3 weeks. She has 10 more sessions. 

• Heart 1