I'm taking a transfer to the Detroit office

Gump

I thought you were like a forest ranger or something. If that's right, I'm surprised a Detroit office even exists. :scratch head:

That's how many people have left the place. The "urban jungle" has really turned into a jungle.

Seems the last supervisor there was pretty lax with the staff. They keep trying to set low expectations so hey can F off all day. I'll have that place ship shape in a month.

You're a forest ranger.  Don't you spend most of the day making sure bears don't steal picnic baskets?  I don't know if you can get any easier than that.

Apparently I suck at parody threads, or maybe it's you guys. :scratch head:

Ok, so this is not really what I would consider a parroty thread.  Parroty threads tend to have the same title with a slightly misspelled or replaced word.

This would be what I would call a continuation or a "spin off" thread.  One of my fav styles of thread humor.  It would be like if I am complaining that my wife is sleeping with some dude.  Then someone else started a thread about sleeping with some new chick making everyone think it's my wife.

It was actually a pretty decent attempt.  The problem is that you have to pick a thread and poster to start with that has a lot of traffic.  You have to pick a poster that attracts attention so everyone knows what you are up to or it's not funny. 

You sure as hell can't pick a Mr Silly thread.  Nobody reads those.

I never read MR Silly's post, so it went right over my head.  It's pretty good, but the whole idea of you moving to Detroit is so outlandish that it detracts from the joke, even if I had read the other thread.  If you had some job in sales or something, it would have been a lot more believable.   :)