Goats

dinneR

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Friend of  mine uses llamas, but not sure if he has ever used goats. His brother is the star of 'Meat Eater'. Some of you may have seen the show on tv.

That is what a friend of mine uses as well. Llamas are a great pack and protection animal, he tells me. 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Friend of  mine uses llamas, but not sure if he has ever used goats. His brother is the star of 'Meat Eater'. Some of you may have seen the show on tv.

There is some lodge in the Smokey Mountain National Park at the top of one of the mountains that we saw on some tour.  We were at the start of the trail head on the road.  It is only accessible by hikers.  Once a week they have to load up some drama llamas and take supplies up to it.  

8 hours ago, denniS said:

We finished our Tuesday night and were enjoying some Sweetgrass. A truck pulls into the parking lot. The driver opens the tailgate and out hops four goats.

My friend says, bow season starts tomorrow. What do you bet?

So enquiring minds need to know. We go ask and sure enough, they are heading into the Gros Ventre range looking for bull elk. The goats will haul their gear and the elk if they get one. He said the goats were super smart and will carry anything even the antlers if you can figure out how to to strap it to them. They had little saddles. He new the weight of each goat and how much it could carry. Pretty sweet set-up

So not a thread on Tom Brady????  WTF???

LeConte Lodge®

High atop Mt. LeConte in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, LeConte Lodge® is the highest guest lodge in the eastern United States. It is situated on an open glade just below the summit of Mt. LeConte at an elevation of about 6400 feet. The Lodge serves as a grandstand for the entire Park and commands spectacular views of the Smokies.

It is accessible only by hiking and is the only place in the Smoky Mountains where a visitor can sleep overnight in a snug permanent structure. There are no roads that lead to the Lodge. There are five hiking trails that lead to the Lodge ranging in length from 5.0 miles up to 9.1 miles.

The Lodge offers an atmosphere of quiet simplicity where people find relaxation and renewed energy in the cool, majestic solitude at the top of the Smokies. Guests are housed in hand built rough hewn log cabins with propane heat, kerosene lanterns, clean linens and warm Hudson Bay wool blankets. Hearty meals are served family style in the dining room.

This is the lodge that uses the drama llamas.