Ringtones? Do you use different ones?

jsharr

I do.

Brass Monkey by the Beastie Boys is my regular tone.

Back in Black by AC/DC is my ringtone for my oldest son.  He really likes that song and he plays it on his clarinet.

Brown Eyed Girl by Jimmy Buffet is the ringtone for my wife.  Because she is my  brown eyed girl and that was our song at our wedding.

Our House by Madness is my ringtone for calls from home.  No explanation needed.

Jolly Mon by Jimmy Buffet is my ringtone for my youngest son..  The boy is a walking smile.  He makes me happy.  Just watching him sleep makes me jolly.

So, what ringtones do you use and why?

I only use one ringtone, part of the opening riff from Television's "Marquee Moon".  specifically, 0:08-0:16 and it's timed to repeat seamlessly.  

(if you have 10+ minutes to spare, this song's in my all time top 5)

the part around 20 where the drums and all kick in is better.  Overall that song sucks pretty badly.

I put different ringtones on my old phone, haven't gotten around to changing them on this one.  My wife always puts different ringtones on her phone.  She used to have "Big Bad John" for the ringtone when I called her.  Now she just has a computer voice saying "Your husband is trying to reach you on his cellular device"  She uses "We are family, all my sisters and me" for when her sisters call and she has R2D2 scream for when our son John calls.  It's kind of nice to know who is calling before you even look at your phone.

i don't. I use whichever ringtone sounds most like a regular old school phone. It's really funny when around people in the younger generation because they don't automatically associate that with a phone call.

I use different tones for text and email notifications though. Just so I know which is which. I have never used 'songs' as my ringtones before.

I used to have "Another One Bites the Dust" as my ringtone from the office.  The boss said it was in poor taste.

I also used to have the Rocky theme as my main ring tone but when I switched phones it was too much a PITA to transfer.  Now I just use the factory ones.

I put a ringtone on my wife's phone for when I call her.  It is Ozzy saying "I AM IRONMAN"

I'm glad that none of the people on this Forum that download fancy ringtones are like those really obnoxious people that download a ringtone, set the volume to 12 (not 10, not 11, but 12!) then proceed to ignore the phone while they let the ringtone play endlessly.

Yes, we understand you like the ringtone, but once through is quite enough entertainment for everyone else around you.

b4c91e57a37a29b686b1c6f1917f55f452adeb3d