Does Your Spouse?

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by groupw,

...call your cell from another room in the house?

I was wrapping up my evening chores - getting the coffee machine ready to go in the AM - and I get a call from my wife.  She's upstairs in the bedroom wondering when I'm gonna come to bed. 

I guess folks used to install intercoms in their homes???? :dontknow:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah sometimes or she’ll text me.  We do that more with our son though.

She texted me about 30 minutes ago.  I was eating lunch and my phone was with my laptop.  I went upstairs to see how things were going, and she was like, "Did you get my text?".  No, but you can tell me in person????

• Haha 1

Just now, shootingstar said:

This is very foreign to me....  it works if one is carrying cellphone often.

Some people might live in huge homes...  knowing people in my family, it would be yelling out..

Growing up, I could be on the third floor and my mom down in the kitchen or wherever could yell loud enough for me to hear her!  "Tommy! GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Growing up, I could be on the third floor and my mom down in the kitchen or wherever could yell loud enough for me to hear her!  "Tommy! GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

Yup. That's how it was in my family. And I'm certain that's how my siblings are handling it in their households.  Unless someone took the cellphone....into the washroom...  um. Sure.

I doubt they would ever require each other to carry a cellphone on themselves at all hrs. at home.

A couple weeks ago I was upstairs and had a text conversation with a daughter.  After that I asked her to send the phone number of my niece (I sent it to the wrong contact).  Well I got a response back from WoKzoo as to why I was texting for a phone number when she was right down stairs (just a stairway away).  ALL I HAD TO DO WAS ASK HER.  I didn't need to send a text.  She was not happy...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Solution

She called me a couple times when my truck was in the shop and I was in the basement when she got home. She thought I was working late. 
Sometimes she will text asking me if I’m working late as I am driving home. I will answer her text when I get on the door just to be a smart ass. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, groupw said:

She called me a couple times when my truck was in the shop and I was in the basement when she got home. She thought I was working late. 
Sometimes she will text asking me if I’m working late as I am driving home. I will answer her text when I get on the door just to be a smart ass. 

I often get a text when I am back from a ride and putting my bike stuff away.  "When are you getting home?"  sort of thing.  I think she must hear/feel the garage door open subconsciously and it triggers a Pavlovian response to check in on me???

• Heart 1