Garmin Go Pro Mount I likey

Mr. Beanz

Someone once asked what mount I use for my Garmin and Go Pro. All Alum, comes with the bottom Go Pro mount. Also an adapter for a Brighton device, whatever that is, never heard of it. Some kind of GPS.

This one is all alum, beveled edges. The Go Pro adapter that screws into the bottom is also aluminum. The Garmin holder is plastic screwed onto the alum mount.

With the proper adapter, I can also mount my headlight on the bottom side of this mount.

I like it a lot, best of all my mounts but only downside is that it curves left so I feel the need to mount on the right side always so it's straight on with the stem. Not wanting it to slope to the left. Just me I guess.

The other thing is the included screws are a bit short for the OS bars. Easy fix, swapped them out with other mount accessories I have. A bit disappointed with that though one could get longer ones at a hardware store.

Came with a little spacer as well, for smaller dia bars.

Really nice looking imo. I bought one then upon receiving it, really like it so I ordered another having multiple bikes. Got the second one in the mail then ordered a third I was so impressed.

What do you expect for less than $20. I have a K edge Go Pro mount that cost me $60 and has no bottom mount for other accessories. 

Good thing, ebay store is out of Los Angeles so it was delivered rather quickly here in California. Less than $20, the short screws were not a big deal.

mount.JPG

9 hours ago, Deep V said:

What do you expect for less than $20. I have a K edge Go Pro mount that cost me $60 and has no bottom mount for other accessories. 

K-edge is pricey for sure, but also a US company and founded by cyclists, so it becomes the "LBS vs Amazon" argument that really has no answer.

I have the K-Edge with the doodad accessory mount on the bottom - works with a Garmin, GoPro, lights, and other stuff.  My one worry with mounting a light from it is that it is upside down, so the beam shaping must be impacted?  Note the 750 below is upside down, and I thought the NiteRider used a focused beam (and that came from the bulb plus the lens itself?).

image.thumb.png.fc6731f0b15f8dd7ab1f411df5bd8683.png

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

When I look at it while riding I don't need to bend my head down as far. It may not seem like much difference, but I think it is.

Bend you head down? Is that even a factor when the mounts swivel 360 degrees around the bars? :dontknow: All you got to do with any bar mount is swing it up or down to one's desire.

6 minutes ago, Deep V said:

Bend you head down? Is that even a factor when the mounts swivel 360 degrees around the bars? :dontknow: All you got to do with any bar mount is swing it up or down to one's desire.

This is what I was using on my stem, the included mount from Garmin. I like the Garmin ahead of the bars better.

image.png.0196024998d8340af2551ab4808b13cc.png

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

K-edge is pricey for sure, but also a US company and founded by cyclists, so it becomes the "LBS vs Amazon" argument that really has no answer.

I have the K-Edge with the doodad accessory mount on the bottom - works with a Garmin, GoPro, lights, and other stuff.  My one worry with mounting a light from it is that it is upside down, so the beam shaping must be impacted?  Note the 750 below is upside down, and I thought the NiteRider used a focused beam (and that came from the bulb plus the lens itself?).

I have purchased the other Chinese imitations of the K edge. I do have a K edge go pro mount so I bought the knock off version to compare. The K edge seems hardened and the knock off is soft alum so it strips easily if too much pressure is put into the screw. I use alum screws and a wrench so I can get some torque. But the little connector section is replaceable so I bought extra for a couple of bucks so that I can test it. So one can easily replace that part or simply use and acorn nut to secure well. 

But it ain't as good as the K edge feeling too soft on the alum.  So K edge has the quality there.

But the Trustfire I posted is like the K edge, hardened alum, no stripping even with the alum screws.  

So having both K edge and Trustfire. I'd definitely go with the Trustfire now for 1/3 of the price. :happyanim:

I do see your light has the funnel like exit for the beam. That does seem that it could make a difference. My Cygolites are flat, no directional forms so I haven't had a problem with that.

I do try lots of little things for entertainment.

The red screw is alum. I have about 30 of the alum screws in various colors. Tried them then tossed the cheap plastic go pro junk.  Alum screws are awesome. 

The mount I have my light mounted on is about $7 on ebay. I have about 8 of them. Very nice, well made, no stripping, very secure and versatile. So if I want to use a light and Go pro, makes it easy. And takes little space on the bars. Various colors.

The XOSS is a cheapo GPS unit. Not quite as many functions as the Garmin but testing it, I'm actually enjoying it more than the Garmin. I bought it as a back up and actually using it more than the Garmin now. Works more like a Cateye computer but very simple. 25 hour battery charge life and a light that comes on automatically at night and stays on vs the Garmin. So I can see my stats at night. The light has various settings so doesn't kill the battery.  Auto on at night, always on or always off. I'm digging this little bugger!

The XOSS cost me about  $35. :hapydance:

20210525_195455.JPG

20210713_203312.JPG

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Deep V said:

So having both K edge and Trustfire. I'd definitely go with the Trustfire now for 1/3 of the price. :happyanim:

The red screw is alum. I have about 30 of the alum screws in various colors. Tried them then tossed the cheap plastic go pro junk.  Alum screws are awesome. 

I've never seen Trustfire before, but they seem a reasonable alternative.

The aluminum screws seem like a neat idea, especially to add a few extra as other ones break or go missing.  You get them from Trustfire too or just on eBay somewhere?

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I've never seen Trustfire before, but they seem a reasonable alternative.

The aluminum screws seem like a neat idea, especially to add a few extra as other ones break or go missing.  You get them from Trustfire too or just on eBay somewhere?

I got the screws off ebay. I used Rainbowimaging back when I bought mine, had the best prices. 3 for $10 then later 2 sets for $7 so obviously they sold out.  I picked up red, blue, and black from them. Too bad they're sold out. BE SURE TO GET A LITTLE WRENCH if you get alum screws. Easily slides into a seat back or small zipper pouch. GO PRO PATTERN IS DIFFERENT FROM SOME OF THE WRENCHES AND ALUM SCREW HEADS SO BE SURE TO GET THE CORRECT PATTERN. Go pro wrenches don't work with the alum screw heads but many alum wrenches work with go pro heads as they are smaller.

But here is another item I picked up. Very sturdy, pic above holding my light with the red screw but a black mount. These are very handy imo.

2 for $7 but only blue now. But others on ebay may be about $7 each so this was a steal, I have about 8 of these mounts as well. Be good for that light you want to hold upright. :D

Capturerainbow.JPG

Screws with a wrench. This is the style of wrench I have for my screws.  A couple wrenches I bought, I used a file to trim them out a bit a couple were snug. Not sure if it was lousy machining or different specs, But they work. DO NOT GET THE FISHBONE COOL LOOKING WRENCH if you use alum screws because it does not fit. I was sent one free after a few orders but  I can't use it as it only fits go pro screws. :wacko:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304117272758?hash=item46cecd50b6:g:WvgAAOSw7DBcpWG6

This does not work with alum screws that use a fuller patter vs that in the image with a 4 clover type look.

fishbone.JPG