Starting School

Airehead
Go to solution Solved by bikeman564™,

My grandkids have been back for a month. So far, they’ve had to quarantine twice. My step-daughter, who is a teacher, caught covid and has been home for awhile. 
The youngest is five, turning six later this month, so she missed the kindergarten age cut-off date. But we are helping to afford a Montessori school this year instead of spending the  year in child care with a limited curriculum. We’re hoping she will either skip to 1st grade next year, or get a foundation to  be stronger as she enters school. 
The oldest is 15, and she’s learning to drive. We can’t wait to see how that turns out. 

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

My grandkids have been back for a month. So far, they’ve had to quarantine twice. My step-daughter, who is a teacher, caught covid and has been home for awhile. 
The youngest is five, turning six later this month, so she missed the kindergarten age cut-off date. But we are helping to afford a Montessori school this year instead of spending the  year in child care with a limited curriculum. We’re hoping she will either skip to 1st grade next year, or get a foundation to  be stronger as she enters school. 
The oldest is 15, and she’s learning to drive. We can’t wait to see how that turns out. 

So, N95 masks, cloth masks, and maybe a personal force field?

• Heart 1

oldest granddaughter spilled hot ramen noodles on her foot 2 weeks ago after cross country practice. 2nd and small 3rd degree burns over the whole top of her foot.  They thought they would be doing skin grafts today but Tuesday it was healing enough that it isn't needed.  Dr. said now she may be back running in a couple weeks.  For a while we had a very grouchy granddaughter.  The report Tuesday cheered her up a lot.

from the burn center

Some of the more severe and more common burns we see  on children are from ramen noodles. The noodles stick to the child's skin and cause an even deeper, more penetrating burn than the liquid.”

https://www.ajc.com/news/health-med-fit-science/study-childhood-scald-burns-caused-instant-soup-ramen/hDKCLKvKWB212oL7hiAOOL/

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

oldest granddaughter spilled hot ramen noodles on her foot 2 weeks ago after cross country practice. 2nd and small 3rd degree burns over the whole top of her foot.  They thought they would be doing skin grafts today but Tuesday it was healing enough that it isn't needed.  Dr. said now she may be back running in a couple weeks.  For a while we had a very grouchy granddaughter.  The report Tuesday cheered her up a lot.

from the burn center

https://www.ajc.com/news/health-med-fit-science/study-childhood-scald-burns-caused-instant-soup-ramen/hDKCLKvKWB212oL7hiAOOL/

So @Airehead, no Ramen noodles.  Those are out.

• Heart 1

This is the Saint Philip Neri Catholic School uniform and my nephew Adam's first day of 8th Grade. This is the nephew that's been the banker in Monopoly games since age 5. His mother's a CPA. In state and national tests, he scored in the top 0.1% in Math and top 1% in English and Science and top 2% in Social Studies.

When he was playing on an elite all-year baseball team at age 10 and I picked him up after a practice, he asked me how the stock market works. I hope I live long enough to enjoy some of the riches he attains

May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Some people prefer Hyundai's to cars.  :) 

OOPS. KIA

I could not afford much more.  It has some hail damage, which lowered the price.  Fully loaded.  Leather, power seats, back up camera, navigation.  2015 year model with corresponding mileage.  One owner, purchased from the Kia dealer we bought it from.   Checked out by our mechanic.

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I could not afford much more.  It has some hail damage, which lowered the price.  Fully loaded.  Leather, power seats, back up camera, navigation.  2015 year model with corresponding mileage.  One owner, purchased from the Kia dealer we bought it from.   Checked out by our mechanic.

I like it.