I almost lost mind

Square Wheels
Go to solution Solved by bikeman564™,

I went car looking last weekend.

I have an awesome car that I love, but fell in love with this beauty.

M550i

Far too much tech and too many features to list.

Some of the coolest:

523hp

0 - 60 in 3.6

Top speed regulated to 155

Massaging seats

Insanely fast

I can afford the payments, but mine will be paid off in two more payments, I tripled up and will have it paid in just over 2 years.  It will be nice to be payment free for a while.

Maybe I'll look again in the spring.

12967552-c758d5518eee6a615ba20e77ef2914a

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I was going to ask if you would miss the convertible?

Terribly, but I also think about skin cancer as I get older.

When I was young, I worked in construction.  I was outside about 10 hours a day, year round.  Never used a drop of sunscreen, I just got brown.

That is a crazy nice car above, a true luxury car and a poor mans super car.

It's essentially just a 5 series, with lots of nice stuff, and a 523hp engine.  the one I test drove was a 5, it was nice, but sadly it had a 4 cylinder engine.  It would have to be ordered.  About 2 months.

It would need to be ordered, I may think about it in the spring, give me a little bit a cool off period.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

That is my rationale.

Also, it's a beast of a gas engine car.  Those will be gone soon.  I heard Mercedes and Audi have stopped making new 8 cylinder cars.

I'm planning on driving two more gas guzzling cars before I die. No electric for me.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Some people buy guns, some join country clubs.  Lots of people have hobbies that are expensive.

Mine seems to be desiring luxury cars.

People have asked me why I spend so much on a bike. My reply is, I want it, I can afford it, I bought it.

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

You could get home from work faster.

No... he'd be stuck stopped or stuck in slowly moving traffic, just like I was when I worked.   I'd be the guy in front of him in the Prius...  :D   and the 20,000 other cars, SUVs, trucks, etc...

image.png.e6ffb4c52770454a1b6ed2c84f269e76.png

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

That was my experience driving on our notorious 401 the other day.. Why TF is the traffic stopped and why is there so much of it?  

Every time I’ve been on your notorious 401  I’ve had much time to inspect guardrails and overpasses.

• Sad 2

On 9/4/2021 at 5:53 PM, Square Wheels said:

I went car looking last weekend.

I have an awesome car that I love, but fell in love with this beauty.

M550i

But due to the car "shortage", you're off the hook.  A car like that won't be available until 2024 at the earliest.

But, if by some stroke of luck, kismet, and divine intervention, it is available now, YOU MUST BUY IT!  It is way cooler than your current car.

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But due to the car "shortage", you're off the hook.  A car like that won't be available until 2024 at the earliest.

But, if by some stroke of luck, kismet, and divine intervention, it is available now, YOU MUST BUY IT!  It is way cooler than your current car.

Oddly they told me I could order one and would have it in about two months.  I suspect they were not lying as they were offering a decent amount for my car, and would guarantee the offer price until the new car came in, and I could keep my car until then.

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Oddly they told me I could order one and would have it in about two months.  I suspect they were not lying as they were offering a decent amount for my car, and would guarantee the offer price until the new car came in, and I could keep my car until then.

That sounds like a shortage.  You're not worried? Panicked?  Maybe if you offer them an extra $20k, you can get it now and avoid the line/back-up?

If all else looks good, buy it!

Or you can get to 60 mph in 1 second less in a nice SUV.   https://www.porsche.com/usa/modelstart/all/?modelrange=macan   

My daughter has an older plugin hybrid version in white.  As long as she stays out of the gas/electric pedal it will get her to work and back burning no gas.   And when she wants to GO, it will.

image.png.bbb0959a3b539ef1c6fabf9597b6cdd8.png