Mr. Sportsman Hot AF Ride

Mr. Beanz

Well. Hot AF ride! Strava said 111 degrees but my Garmin Connect said 109 max and average temp of 101.

Solo 35 miles with 2.200+ ft of gain. Along the foothills around home.  The forecast said my hometown was going to be 100 but they didn't say anything about the next town over being 109 ha ha ha!

Didn't feel hot on the ride though. Climbing was a bit slower and don't think I could push hard today but felt good. The last couple of miles I started feeling it. The last two short stretches of 1/2 mile seemed to take forever and they are only about 2% grades. Felt like they were 7% so glad it was over when it was! Had no plan, just took off and followed the bike.

Cutest little think gave me the third degree at a park while I was filling my bottles. Hey Mr. Sportsman, why are you wearing a jacket? Why are  you wearing a hat? Do you like to play in the dirt? She asked questions for about 10 minutes while I filled my bottles and rested. Cute little thing! 

Well Dam It !!! Top of San Dimas Cyn

A.JPG

23 miles in, temp up to 107. I thought it was going to cool down by then, guess not!

B.JPG

I guess the heat was evaporating my sweat as I didn't drip on the bike. Only when I stopped.

C.JPG

Who was talking about touching their toes? Almost flat hand without shoes. This was after a Clif Bar and a big bottle of G-ade. I'm old but not that old!

D.JPG

Still a Fat Bastard though! My favorite jersey ha ha ha!

E.JPG

After the last couple of stretches, my face after the ride, glad to be done!

H.JPG

Strava profile and temps from Garmin Connect. Strava said 111 but I doubt it. 

J.JPG

K.JPG

• Heart 2