It is a small world.

Tizeye

2 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

So, tell me about your video set up. Do you wear it, prop it on something, attached to a drone? 

This was the first time on an extended hike of 2.2 miles. Most have been walking a house. No drone, besides not being allowed many place, some do have good cameras (1" sensor mandatory) but one to lift this camera would be $$$$. THis is an older Ronin M stabilizer that DJI doesn't currently market. Great with the twin handles and upper handle, but may try their current single handle/multiple configuration stabilizer. It is heavy and no strap or sling. Did find a way to weave arm through it to spread the load for transport during the hike. Did turn the motor off when transporting so wasn't fighting me. For the initial video clip at the start mounted on a tripod with smooth video head with shotgun mic as I stood in front with welcome message by the trail entry sign and zoomed in in the map to orientate what to expect. Left tripod in car, but wish I clipped a monopod to my belt for the second camera which was totally handheld. Other audio will be added in post as I dictate a separate audio track discussing the clip. Cameras used were Sony A7rIII (pictured above) with 16-35 lens set around 24. The other camera was wife's Sony A6000 with telephoto.

8 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Thanks. 
I’ve been reading/viewing a lot of NM travel and photo blogs and videos. We’re pretty much covered out here! But I still want to launch a blog for my own photos and essays. I like “frozen moments.” 

My equipment is pretty much overkill...but since I have it.:D

Actually, the GoPro 8 and 9 do a great job. Also the iPhone 12 Pro models (not mine) are outstanding with internal stabilization.  The biggest issue with video is audio. You can get away with marginal quality video, but bad audio is an absolute turnoff.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

Thanks. 
I’ve been reading/viewing a lot of NM travel and photo blogs and videos. We’re pretty much covered out here! But I still want to launch a blog for my own photos and essays. I like “frozen moments.” 

If you want any blog tips, let pm/give me a shout.  I use the Classic Editor in Wordpresss to create my blog posts.... I'm a simple gal that likes to focus on words and my photos, not all the software wizardry of Block Editor.  Love to see your blog in the big reveal! NM is barely known /visited in Canada.