Not far from Zephyr's hangout

shootingstar

Before Smoky Skies: Vacation Spirits at Cowichan Bay, British Columbia – Cycle Write Blog (wordpress.com)

I loved the summer time I spent with good friends 2 months ago.  This is what 61 and 62 yrs. looks like.  It was a big reunion between her and I:  we had not seen each other for last 30 yrs. We've known each other for past ...half century. :whistle:  Our friendship was originally in Ontario where we grew up. 

Apparently less than wk. ago, a killer whale was spotted jumping out of the ocean at Mill Bay.  

• Heart 3

8 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

You probably bike to it.  Have to say the car ride to Maple Bay took longer than I thought...on day of departure. They told me it was across the water from them....uh, yes. 

I have biked there a few times, a little over 100km there and back from home.  The little ferry across is not reliable

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I have biked there a few times, a little over 100km there and back from home.  The little ferry across is not reliable

I need to look at BC Ferry map...to figure out which ferry.

I was warned by my friends that Nov. and onward, is the annual migration and beach hangout of the noisy sea lions. Their incessant barking into the night requires them to use ear plugs in order to sleep... Of course, that's rainy season.

30 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

There is a ferry from Brentwood Bay to Mill Bay, but I think it is seasonal

I didn't know it could have been seasonal..not surprising.  I took the photo over a decade ago. I wrote for Tourism VAncovuer's blog:  Go Multi-Modal -Combine Cycling with Other Transportation Options. Part II: From Metro Vancouver To Vancouver Island, Gulf Islands, Whistler and the U.S. - Inside Vancouver BlogInside Vancouver Blog

brentwoodinspire-400x299.jpg

• Heart 1