fuckin hippies

Further
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

When I was in college, undergrad and grad, in the late 60's and early-mid 70's, we most my friends and I were semi-hippies: long hair, necklaces and flared jeans with peace and love themes embroidered on the pockets etc. My father woke me up one morning to tell me to hide the pair of obviously girl's jeans with flowers on the pockets that were sitting on my car's back seat before my mother saw them. He had a big grin on his face.

But we weren't into communes and getting high every day: we wanted to become chemists and teachers and doctors and dentists and GM Plant managers, etc. etc. and had a healthy respect for free enterprise.  Eventually we did accomplish those things, cut our long hair, and became respected members of mainstream society.

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I was too young when hippie counter culture was going on.  I am assuming that these people were villified, much like the boogeyman, Antifa, and BLM.

Us and them scenario.

There were the Black Panthers and Weather Underground that could be violent much like Antifa and BLM.  The hippies weren't vilified so much in Canada.  They were pretty peaceful, and too stoned to cause much trouble. :) 

• Awesome 1