How's your mail delivery - here's ours!

MickinMD

This is a recent screen cap from a video shot 1 mile from my house and loaded on nextdoor.com - the apps I have are blocked from downloading the video.

The red arrows point to letters flying through the air that the post office driver tossed out his door in front of a gate:

image.png.793589188ffd71dafdbf7afa5c841574.png

h

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

This is a recent screen cap from a video shot 1 mile from my house and loaded on nextdoor.com - the apps I have are blocked from downloading the video.

The red arrows point to letters flying through the air that the post office driver tossed out his door in front of a gate:

h

Where is their mailbox?  Maybe, like Dennis, they don't have home delivery, but this kind civil servant saved them having to drive to a post office box miles away???  Seems like service above and beyond!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You put like 60 cents on a letter and ask for it to be delivered anywhere in the US AND you expect great service....... for 60 cents?

Unreasonable expectations!

Honestly, folks getting mail ARE THE PROBLEM!

What comes in the mail that NEEDS to come in the mail???

30 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Honestly, folks getting mail ARE THE PROBLEM!

What comes in the mail that NEEDS to come in the mail???

Razor, sometimes legal documents, I mean very key documents, a hard wet signature version is still mailed out. I am learning this...post-death matters.  What is very shocking now, is that it seems some folks are not trained to read cover letters that have key information...we are raising a generation of black-white thinking..ie. sticking hard-ass to the form..myopic perspective.

I was very angry....I explained in  cover letter some details plus provided a completed form. This is a serious legal matter, Razor.

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

Razor, sometimes legal documents, I mean very key documents, a hard wet signature version is still mailed out. I am learning this...post-death matters.  What is very shocking now, is that it seems some folks are not trained to read cover letters that have key information...we are raising a generation of black-white thinking..ie. sticking hard-ass to the form..myopic perspective.

I was very angry....I explained in  cover letter some details plus provided a completed form. This is a serious legal matter, Razor.

In the US, we use Fedex for that sort of thing.

We get stories of tampering or stealing mail.  Here is part of one:

During the investigation, Postal OIG Special Agents conducted surveillance of Ludwig while he carried out his postal duties. The defendant was electronically tracked to deviate from his assigned postal route, and to travel to the residential address of the individual who redeemed the stolen gift card. Also during the investigation, agents placed a piece of outgoing mail in a mailbox along City Route 01 which contained two $25 Wegmans store gift cards. It was subsequently determined that the gift cards were used by the defendant.

Postal OIG Special Agents also installed a surveillance video camera in the Postal Service government vehicle operated by Ludwig during the course of his official duties as a letter carrier. A review of that surveillance video found the defendant picking envelopes that appeared to contain greeting cards out of his assigned load, opening the envelopes, and removing items from inside the envelopes. Additionally, the surveillance video showed that while on duty, Ludwig was observed preparing two lines of a white powdery substance, which he appeared to ingest nasally through the use of a rolled dollar bill.

4 minutes ago, Airehead said:

We get stories of tampering or stealing mail.  Here is part of one:

During the investigation, Postal OIG Special Agents conducted surveillance of Ludwig while he carried out his postal duties. The defendant was electronically tracked to deviate from his assigned postal route, and to travel to the residential address of the individual who redeemed the stolen gift card. Also during the investigation, agents placed a piece of outgoing mail in a mailbox along City Route 01 which contained two $25 Wegmans store gift cards. It was subsequently determined that the gift cards were used by the defendant.

Postal OIG Special Agents also installed a surveillance video camera in the Postal Service government vehicle operated by Ludwig during the course of his official duties as a letter carrier. A review of that surveillance video found the defendant picking envelopes that appeared to contain greeting cards out of his assigned load, opening the envelopes, and removing items from inside the envelopes. Additionally, the surveillance video showed that while on duty, Ludwig was observed preparing two lines of a white powdery substance, which he appeared to ingest nasally through the use of a rolled dollar bill.

Wow.  That's what Wilford Brimley as Postmaster General did???

Interesting to think how many folks work for the USPS.  Something like 600,000+ with over 100,000 military veterans.  I think military service time transfers, too???  Seems they could ramp that recruiting up even more?

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

In the US, we use Fedex for that sort of thing.

It depends on the firm that's sending out stuff if they want to spend the money. Of course we have Fedex, UPS, Canada Post does offer tracked registered mail, which works too.

A brother-in-law works as a pkg. delivery person for CAnada Post..in Metro  Toronto.  So not all folks are horrible.

6 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

So not all folks are horrible.

Let's hope not!

The scale of the operation - 600k folks in the US - shows that there weill be PLENTY of room for horrible (and great) employees.  I don't think 1% is hard to defend, and 10% may actually be more likely.  If 6k (or the even higher 60k) of your workers are one "final warning" away from being let go, it's going to be pretty visible to the outside world.

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Let's hope not!

The scale of the operation - 600k folks in the US - shows that there weill be PLENTY of room for horrible (and great) employees.  I don't think 1% is hard to defend, and 10% may actually be more likely.  If 6k (or the even higher 60k) of your workers are one "final warning" away from being let go, it's going to be pretty visible to the outside world.

THere are 1-2 buildings in Toronto that Canada Post will not go inside to deliver.  I don't know the circumstances. But it would have to be pretty bad.  

Sure there are some horrible employees.. and others who just chug along. 

8 hours ago, MickinMD said:

That is how my postal carrier is doing it now, only with packages.  The envelopes are still going into the mail slot, at least the ones he actually delivers.

1 hour ago, jdc2000 said:

That is how my postal carrier is doing it now, only with packages.  The envelopes are still going into the mail slot, at least the ones he actually delivers.

I haven't see that where I live.  But then, it's a number of highrises/multi-family dwellings. It would be shocking to see it in our area, actually. Too many people walking around to witness stuff.

17 hours ago, MickinMD said:

h

From the fence and gate, I wonder if the house has a dog. An encounter with a large dog while on those steps would make any visitor concerned.