downtown for perch tacos and beer

bikeman564™

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I think it’s cool they are using local fish or at least fish commonly found in the area.  We don’t have fresh water perch out west, never had it but I’m down to try! 

I'd imagine the perch would be from Erie. Lake perch, or yellow perch, are plentiful in Erie, but I think they are in all the great lakes. The walleye are also very good eatin'.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

I'd imagine the perch would be from Erie. Lake perch, or yellow perch, are plentiful in Erie, but I think they are in all the great lakes. The walleye are also very good eatin'.

Yeah I figured they’d be locally sourced but maybe not off the dock 2 miles away. 

Most cold water fresh water fish is good eating.  Some warm water species can be good too like catfish & crappie. Never been a fan of bass, don’t know why people think they are delicious. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah I figured they’d be locally sourced but maybe not off the dock 2 miles away. 

Most cold water fresh water fish is good eating.  Some warm water species can be good too like catfish & crappie. Never been a fan of bass, don’t know why people think they are delicious. 

Not sure exactly where they're caught. I know guys that fish perch & walleye in Lake Erie, and they go miles off shore.