Good Afternoon

AirwickWithCheese

Thanks for asking; your kind words brighten my gloomy existence here. You see, here in the office, there are people decorating the walls in Star Trek themes as tomorrow is the something anniversary of the first show on network television. Seriously. FML. Why can’t I work from home permanently?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Thanks for asking; your kind words brighten my gloomy existence here. You see, here in the office, there are people decorating the walls in Star Trek themes as tomorrow is the something anniversary of the first show on network television. Seriously. FML. Why can’t I work from home permanently?

Yes must wear green, celebrate life, and join the festivities!  Give pies to all the pretty women.  

• Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I am not swell.

I knew you'd regret giving my Mamie to some guy who keeps Sports Illustrated swimsuit editions under his mattress but I want you well and happy.  

I will run to McDonald's and get you a basket of fries and a frozen Cherry

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I suspect you've told the story before, but is it a back injury?  Does anything relieve the pain?  Yoga, core exercises, massage, meditation, acupuncture, sex, pot?

I have been diagnosed with "severe" stenosis in my lower back and scoliosis.  The neurosurgeon wants to operate, but the rehab will be very long, up to 6 months.  I have been putting off surgery for various reasons.  Certain back stretching exercises help just slightly and temporarily.  The drug I am on is Gabapentin.  It reduces the pain somewhat; maybe from an 8 to a 6.  Large doses of Ibuprofen also help, but I try not to take it unless I am having a really bad day.    

• Sad 1

I got my car's front brakes pads and rotors replaced Thursday, replaced my burned out dome light Friday, replaced my starting-to-fail windshield wiper inserts added windshield washer fluid and 50:50 antifreeze to the reserve chamber Saturday, and finished, Sunday AM, cleaning out the back of my Fit and storing stuff in new plastic two-26.5 and two-44 quart containers I got to replace the old ones.  I still need to do some cleaning of my dash, front & rear seat areas and that will happen this week.

I'm also going wash/wax the car for the first time since 2019 this week, probably tomorrow - I put together my new hose reel, 100' hose, and nozzle Saturday.

The new 400LM white LED dome bulb is SO much brighter than the original halogen bulb that burned out that I'm also replacing my dim cargo light - two 400LM white LED bulbs arrive today and I'll put one in when I wash my car.

I ordered the 4 containers on July 31 for $53.99 plus tax. They were listed as "not prime" but shipped as "FREE Prime Delivery."  They are $79.99 now!  The company also makes the exact same pack of 4 for Ziploc, except they say "Ziploc" on the latches, and they sell on Amazon for $166.95!

1101782451_Iris4pk7_31_2153_99.thumb.JPG.1eeec5257789bff946df6272e9b8a538.JPG

image.thumb.png.d928d25bbe72500a59c6eef39cf955bc.png

352080498_Ziploc4pkoverpriced166_95.thumb.JPG.6303c8e43215c76ca3fca3a606717411.JPG

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I did not have a good afternoon despite your sentiments. In fact I wonder if your thread was made after you read the NFL game reports and wanted to rub a little extra strength salt into my fresh gaping wound. 

But how was the wedding?

• Hugs 1