Sepp Kuss - Top 10 Finish

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

You know, I was wondering this, too!  I don't know much about him, other than he is always where he is supposed to be.   

How is his time trialing?

Hard to judge with any of these guys who are told to go all out for a Captain.  Gotta think he is pretty burned out by the final day, and would be holding back on the first day. 

I think you need to really focus on TT-ing or you will never win most GTs, so if he isn't focusing on it now, he likely isn't planning to be "the guy" leading the team.  He doesn't lead the team ever (AFAIK), and smaller races like ToU or similar, don't really count as good examples of his potential.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Hard to judge with any of these guys who are told to go all out for a Captain.  Gotta think he is pretty burned out by the final day, and would be holding back on the first day. 

I think you need to really focus on TT-ing or you will never win most GTs, so if he isn't focusing on it now, he likely isn't planning to be "the guy" leading the team.  He doesn't lead the team ever (AFAIK), and smaller races like ToU or similar, don't really count as good examples of his potential.

He may also be using the TT’s as a recovery day but how did he do in the final TT in the Vuelta? No reason to hold back.

I think he could podium in a grand tour if a team captain if not now in the near future.