What's your favorite type of sandwich?

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by AirwickWithCheese,

For traditional lunch sandwiches, either  mozzarella, tomato and red pepper on ciabatta bread or cheddar and tomato. on sourdough or rye.   Grilled cheese is also good, :nodhead:

I like turkey and chicken and ham as part of a dinner, but I don't really like them in a sandwich.

• Heart 1

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

Your go to sandwich.  The one you want when you come in 2nd again on a house you really wanted.    :(

That would be a chocolate/vanilla milkshake and not a sandwich at all.

• Awesome 2
  • Hugs 1

Bacon, lettuce, and tomato with Mayo on toasted bread is the world’s best sandwich. 
A close second is a classic Italian submarine, grinder, hoagie from a real Italian delicatessen. That’s what I had for lunch today. I bought a large Capri at the Italian Store in Arlington on Monday. Half yesterday, second half today. 
https://www.italianstore.com

• Heart 4

I generally stay away from sandwiches due to the bread but I love me a Philly cheese steak with peppers & onions.  Got hooked on them when I was TDY there for a couple of weeks.  A distant second is the  Vietnamese Sandwiches with bbq pork. In third would be an egg sammie with bacon & tomato.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

A BEST (bacon, egg, spinach, tomato) on Asiago cheese bread is hard to beat. A nearby town has a Chipotle roast beef sandwich that is basically an Italian beef sandwich, and one of the best I have had!

WoW makes a really good Reuben as long as she goes easy on the 1,000 Island!

French Dip and a good Philly are hard to beat for cool weather comfort food!

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I generally stay away from sandwiches due to the bread but I love me a Philly cheese steak with peppers & onions.  Got hooked on them when I was TDY there for a couple of weeks.  A distant second is the  Vietnamese Sandwiches with bbq pork. In third would be an egg sammie with bacon & tomato.

I've been eating more things like Jimmy John's Unwich

• Heart 3

4 hours ago, 12string said:

Today it was Tomato.

Tomato fresh from the garden is hard to beat

I like toasted bread, brick cheese, slivered jalapeno, mayo, and a thick slab of tomato that covers the whole slice of bread And salt & pepper

Thick slice of tomato on white bread with mayo hits the spot sometimes, and you can even add a slice of olive loaf.

I'm going to miss the fresh tomato's

• Heart 1

When the mood strikes me, it's usually one of four:

Ham or Bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo.

Ham, Roast Beef, and Provolone Cheese.  I'm not a major sandwich eater, sometimes I just get 6 slices of each at the deli counter.

Tuna Salad (tuna with diced onions, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, mayo), lettuce and tomato.

Meatballs (5 nuked frozen 1/2 oz.), spaghetti sauce (nuked with the meatballs), and shredded sharp cheddar cheese.  If sub rolls aren't handy I cut the meatballs in half before putting them on bread

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Further said:

Tomato fresh from the garden is hard to beat

I like toasted bread, brick cheese, slivered jalapeno, mayo, and a thick slab of tomato that covers the whole slice of bread And salt & pepper

Thick slice of tomato on white bread with mayo hits the spot sometimes, and you can even add a slice of olive loaf.

I'm going to miss the fresh tomato's

Next year grow some Burpee longkeepers. They are greenish-grayish on the oot side  but a nice red inside. They keep well into winter if they stay uneaten!

• Heart 1