My wife in Alaska

sheep_herder

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

I was thinking about going up the inland passage from the ferry out of Bellingham in October but I bought iPhones instead. :scratchhead:

This being a smaller boat allows them access to areas the larger boats and ferries cannot reach. I am amazed at how close to shore some of the whales are sited. Must be a quick drop-off. 

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

This being a smaller boat allows them access to areas the larger boats and ferries cannot reach. I am amazed at how close to shore some of the whales are sited. Must be a quick drop-off. 

I've read that those smaller boat cruises -- while considerably pricier -- are all inclusive and tipping is not necessary.  They say, and I don't know if it's true, when all is said and done the smaller boats are comparable to the larger boats but they go places the large and medium boats don't go.  Isn't October the migration time of the year?  Could be a good time to go up to creature watch.

On 9/9/2021 at 4:47 PM, Dottles said:

I've read that those smaller boat cruises -- while considerably pricier -- are all inclusive and tipping is not necessary.  They say, and I don't know if it's true, when all is said and done the smaller boats are comparable to the larger boats but they go places the large and medium boats don't go.  Isn't October the migration time of the year?  Could be a good time to go up to creature watch.

I don't have a clue.