When was the last time

Square Wheels

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

you got an AOL CD in the mail?

What I remember more was being enticed by their ads in magazines, on heavy rough off-white stock with light blue print extolling the virtues of their service.  They got me to go online but on prodigy instead because those were the only local numbers around me. 

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

The problem with AOL CDs is they were not biodegradable. Otherwise they would make great target practice.

I would tie a string of them together with fishing line and put a lead weight on the bottom. Then I'd hang them from a tree. Between the sun and wind, they would make nice flashes. After a few months the silver and paint would peel off but leaving just the plastic.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Although we seemingly got hundreds of them in the mail I never inserted any of them in my computer. One time we bought a Gateway computer. It came with a years free AOL. We tried it for less than a week and said this sucks and never used it again. A year later they started billing me for it. No matter what I did to cancel it they still kept billing me. I got my bank involved and they removed the charges from my account. A couple years later I got a check in the mail from a class action suit for the amount of three months service. I have a brother in law that I think still uses AOL.

• Heart 1