I seem to have become a runner

Further

5 hours ago, Further said:

Was looking forward to todays run last night. Woke up this morning and was thinking about the run. Enjoyed the run.

SW is also a runner

So where is the square foot running forum ?

Just teasing

I lost more weight during a time in my life when I jogged.  I got to the point where I was running just 2-3 miles a run for about only 3 to 4 days out of the week.  As much as when I biked, weight never came off me the way it did when I jogged.  Pretty amped metabolism is the key and while biking is good, at it -- in my case not as good as jogging.  Problem is I don't like jogging.  It's horrible on your knees.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Further said:

I didn't plan to start running, I was trying to walk more, running just happened.

Granted, walking takes FOREVER, but running?  I think the Hokas are partially to blame too.  Even I wanted to start running when I first felt the excessive springiness of the soles. :D  I got over it though. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

The blood pressure meds I’m taking seem to be helping me 

I’m doing way better than I should be after being slothful for so long 

When it all comes together I feel like I’m just floating along. Picking the spot for my foot to land, spotting the best line through a section, sprinting up a short hill, slogging up a long one 

I used to enjoy road runs, but on the road it is very mechanical, my mind would wander and it was nice, but I got a lot more injuries from the repetitive motion and hard surfaces. On the trail you have to pay attention and vary your stride 

Seems to work for me 

• Heart 1