I keep forgeting there are CFCI outlets.

MickinMD

Today, for the first time since 2019, I vacuumed my car - the back inside full of ground-in grass blades from all the times I hauled lawnmowers, etc. between a relative's house and my yard as my house was being rebuilt.  So I decided to use my house vac rather than the little car vac.

So, for the first time, I plugged an extension into my enclosed back porch's exterior outlet.  No power!

I thought, oh no, now I've got to call the contractor and who knows when he'll be able to get an electrician out to fix it.

Then I looked closely at the outlet - the cover lifts up and blocks the view a little - and saw the button to reset the breaker: it has a GFCI - Ground Fault Circuit Interruptor.  One reset and all was fine!

When I moved into my apartment after the fire, I had a similar problem with an outlet and spent a long time trying to figure out what breaker from the box controlled it until I realized it had a GFCI outlet.

I think I'll remember to check that from now on.

Also, I need to go over every outlet and make sure they're all working.  I did that when I first moved in, but I better check again while I've still got the contractor finishing a couple things for me.

48 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Today, for the first time since 2019, I vacuumed my car

This saddens me. I clean the interior windows and vacuum the car at least every two weeks. I check the tire inflation at least once a month and even the spare tire every 6 months. I might, just might, be a little OCD.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

This saddens me. I clean the interior windows and vacuum the car at least every two weeks. I check the tire inflation at least once a month and even the spare tire every 6 months. I might, just might, be a little OCD.

Watch this, these people are truly disgusting, and not even embarrassed to be filmed at the end.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

these people are truly disgusting,

I watched just a few minutes...  OMG those people are way beyond disgusting.   Makes me wonder... what their home looks like. 

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I clean the interior windows and vacuum the car at least every two weeks. I check the tire inflation at least once a month and even the spare tire every 6 months.

I check the oil and tire pressure every week.   I check the spare tire pressure every 2 months.  I did wash and vacuum the cars every 2 weeks, now it probably every 3 weeks.  

WoBG's 1997 Honda Prelude and my 2016 Toyota Prius are very clean inside, nearly as clean as the day I purchsed the cars.   The 2010 Subaru Forster gets to carry lots of stuff, including our dogs nearly every day, but it still is clean compared to many cars I've seen.

The worst I've seen...   I used to live about 2 blocks from my cousin, he was older, and he had a car.  One day I told him....  I'm cleaning out your car.  I can't take seeing all of this crap in a car.   I filled 2 (yes 2) garbage cans of all kinds of filth from the inside of a 1968 Camaro.  

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I normally only wash my car a few times a year in warm weather. I Windex the windows more often and wipe dust from the dashboard more often.  I check my fluids, tire inflation, etc. about once a month.  I have sensors that tell me when my tire pressure's low, about 23 psi compared to recommended 32 psi and you can't tell the tire's low by observation.

I didn't wash the car during the Winter of 2019-20.  On March 4, 2020, my house burned down.

My car was a storage locker and the transporter of lawnmowers, etc. to my house to do yardwork for a year and a half.

So I decided I'd wait until I got settled in my home to get things back to normal.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Watch this, these people are truly disgusting, and not even embarrassed to be filmed at the end.

The only thing organic among the mess is my car was the blades of grass from hauling a lawnmower to cut my grass in 2020 and up to the end of June 2021.

Most of the stuff was printed maps, gloves, loose tools and boxes stuff came in that I should have thrown out.

I've finally caught up with enough stuff to pay attention to the car.

• Heart 2

33 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

I hand wash my cars all year.  In the winter... I just move FAST before my hands freeze, of the water freezes on the car.  But I get the salt / chemicals off of the car.

Same here, but mostly in the winter for the salt.  I have been washing less and less in the summer and fall, but still a good bit in spring pollen season, although it is sort of pointless since it gets yellow again the next day.

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

So.... how long before the minivan is filthy again?   I'm betting on 1 month, the inside would be too disgusting for me.   Then again..  it's a minivan, that's bad enough, even it would be clean. 

5 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

So.... how long before the minivan is filthy again?   I'm betting on 1 month, the inside would be too disgusting for me.   Then again..  it's a minivan, that's bad enough, even it would be clean. 

Hey! I recently bought a minivan to haul the tandem and other bikes. It's the right tool for the job.

• Awesome 1

17 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

10 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Hey! I recently bought a minivan to haul the tandem and other bikes. It's the right tool for the job.

I love my van

It doesn't feel mini

• Heart 1

The Miata is garaged but still gets washed and vacuumed at least once per month. 
My pickup got away from me for a while. It wasn’t driven much and got ignored. I had some front suspension work done and it drove so much better! It got a workout this year with home improvement projects. It encouraged me to treat it better. Taking it through the car wash and vacuuming it there. I forgot how good that Deep Amethyst paint looks when deep cleaned!

We got a membership for unlimited car washes for the CX5. This is primarily WoW’s car. She tends to get lax and tosses garbage in the back seat. I take it out for a good cleaning at least once per month. She let the Mazda6 get away from her. Making sure that doesn’t happen again.