Meet Sid the Wonder Cat

2Far

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

Tell us more about this wonderful kitty!!

The other grandma trapped a feral mom and one kitty. He's been spayed & has all his shots. She couldn't keep him and the first try at adopting him out fell through before they could make the transfer. He's about 13 weeks old. It's been a long time since we had a kitten and we've never had a male.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

12 hours ago, 2Far said:

EA4BEAB8-B851-44C8-A902-83F0E349D560.jpeg

Sid looks like he is compiling the list of ways to seize control of the house - with or without bloodshed.  You can't trust a black cat. They are HIGHLY evolved killers and generally take over any area they choose.  You're only hope is to keep him well fed and therefor willing to keep you around for a little longer.

• Heart 1

All the gray cats I've known have been incredibly smart and sweet.  Not wild sister once had a gray cat that would play fetch - he'd bring back his toy for sister to throw it again.  I think Sid will be a wonderful addition to the family.

• Heart 3

11 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Day one of harness training starts tomorrow. 

I've had cats that were quite comfortable in a harness on a leash.  It takes a bit of work but can be done........if the cat is willing.  At first you just sort of walk where he wants to, following along on your end of the leash.  If you encourage him and make it fun he may get with the program.

Back in the day (70's) before such things were frowned upon, Pharaoh, my first purebred Siamese, would go shopping with us.  I remember a trip through a sears store with him sitting in a shopping cart, in his harness and on a leash, just looking around calmly at all the people and things.  Back then we only had one car and I had to pick my wife up at the bus parking lot every day.  Pharaoh went with me every day.  He'd sit in the car calmly watching all the people of several buses get off but when womaxx got off the bus he would start to howl with that Siamese voice.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

But no updates on the halter training...

We got lazy when the g'young'un was here. Figured his life was miserable enough. We just got a new style harness, he's doing pretty well. Because of his digestive issues, we can't incentivize him, so we've been using the ole, toy-on-a-string. Works OK.

• 3 months later...

So, we’re having a tough road with Sid. He has an intestinal bug that’s frequent with former feral. Liquid , foul smelling poop that he sometimes steps in & spreads the joy. Everywhere. 

We’re prolly $1500+ into a free kitty. Tests, antibiotics, tests, different antibiotics, special food. 

Aside: he’s not much of a comfort kitty  no laps, but a loud purr.   Treacherous on the stairs.   A little comfort in the AM when he wants fed. Likes to play tag, ambush predator  

Last week, Wo2 mentioned the  Rainbow Bridge. 

This week, I’ve been gone since Friday. 

He’s been GLUED to her. 

bathroom:

BD715724-0C34-4AF8-9687-586D0ADFABEF.jpeg

• Hugs 2