Was Good and Plenty either?

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

I actually like them but I like black licorice.  

Dutch people have a thing for black licorice, it’s part of our DNA and I read somewhere that the Dutch eat more black licorice than any other country. My wife hates it but my daughter got the gene as she loves it too.  

My family has an unusual dilemma as my daughter & I  fight over the black jelly beans during Easter.  Most families probably toss them… 

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

black licorice.  

Black licorice matters?

The best ice cream place in the world used to have a flavor called black-ass licorice; it was deep black and light could not escape it.  It was a friend's favorite flavor, and he made me try it despite the fact that I hate licorice.  It was not awful, such was their genius with ice cream.  I personally wouldn't order it, but most people who like licorice would love it.

The SJWs must have made them change the name, though, even though there was no racial anything involved.  It is now called black licorice.  I am sure it tastes the same, even with it's personality removed.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Black licorice matters?

The best ice cream place in the world used to have a flavor called black-ass licorice; it was deep black and light could not escape it.  It was a friend's favorite flavor, and he made me try it despite the fact that I hate licorice.  It was not awful, such was their genius with ice cream.  I personally wouldn't order it, but most people who like licorice would love it.

The SJWs must have made them change the name, though, even though there was no racial anything involved.  It is now called black licorice.  I am sure it tastes the same, even with it's personality removed.

I’d be down to try it!

Dutch eat salted black licorice.  It’s one of those things you just have to grow up with as no adult I have ever met that didn’t grow up with it likes it.  There are a few import stores that have it but we don’t have one close. Cost Plus World Market has one type of it which works when I’m having a bad hankering.

So I got some at World  Market recently and the cashier, a blonde white lady about my age rung me up. She looked at what I bought, looked at me and asked in Dutch if I was an Indo.  She said nobody ever buys the salted licorice but Dutch immigrants and by my looks figured I had to be an Indo who came from Holland.

I chatted with her for a few in Dutch but the lines were stacking up so moved along. WOChrisL thought she was hitting on me. Nah just talking candy…

Send all your unwanted Good and Plenty my way.  I love it!  I buy the generic kind at the nut and candy store.  You do have to be careful with black licorice though.  There was a guy who died from eating too much just a year or so ago. Here, lmgtfyam!

https://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20200924/man-dies-after-eating-too-much-black-licorice