I am continually disgusted by cats

Randomguy

16 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

They are truly disgusting in almost every way.

The end.

I know you well enough to know this isn't exactly true. You have seen a few cats not at their best. 

I can forgive you for this for RO's sake.  Tougher to do with some of your worldly views.  :)

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

My sister's cats - she always has two - sometimes jump up on where I'm sitting and put their head by my shoulder so I can pet them, or they're afraid of being picked up and want to be petted while standing on the floor.

In any case, they're much less friendly than dogs.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I bet your HR and BP are at all time lows with that little guy nestling in your lap.  It's nature's way of calming us down!

Sorry, I just proved there is no effect on bp this morning. :( But I forgot to check on pulse rate.  Probably also affects the vagus nerve but that is hard for the layman to measure.  :(

Also probably releases lots of feel good hormones.  Surprising it doesn’t affect the blood pressure. :wacko:

• Whatever 1

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Sorry, I just proved there is no effect on bp this morning. :( But I forgot to check on pulse rate.  Probably also affects the vagus nerve but that is hard for the layman to measure.  :(

Also probably releases lots of feel good hormones.  Surprising it doesn’t affect the blood pressure. :wacko:

I ain't falling for you nonsensical craziness! Some folks - see @Randomguy - are just malfunctioning, and maybe you're sharing his genes!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Show us a photo of the feline used in your study, and we will review it for you!

I used a dawg. One potential problem is the dawg is always here, so there really is no control. So in substitution, we will have to make do with webmd. 
https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/features/6-ways-pets-improve-your-health

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Tougher to do with some of your worldly views. 

I am a worldly guy!  :angry:

Not as much as Wilbur or some of the other folk, though, so there is that.  Cats are still disgusting, though.

12 hours ago, denniS said:

He was the coolest cat ever and never once asked for a Zima. 

How could you not be disgusted by this?  Did you at least try to educate the cat as to the more obvious benefits of Zima?

12 hours ago, Kirby said:

Then she went back to sleep.

Please don't let your cat sleep in your closets, I would worry too much.

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

In any case, they're much less friendly than dogs.

Plus, they are disgusting!

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Cats are not my favorite domestic animal.  The one next door has really won us over though.  His name is Maverick.  That cat is gregarious.  He cries at our glass doors almost daily.   Our property and the one next door seem to be his hunting grounds.     He goes after the quail a lot.

I like Tommy the Cat best, I think.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I am a worldly guy!  :angry:

Not as much as Wilbur or some of the other folk, though, so there is that.  Cats are still disgusting, though.

How could you not be disgusted by this?  Did you at least try to educate the cat as to the more obvious benefits of Zima?

Please don't let your cat sleep in your closets, I would worry too much.

Plus, they are disgusting!

I like Tommy the Cat best, I think.

Where do you weigh in on Garfield versus Heathcat? :scratchhead:

It occurs to me that a cat's life is like a perpetual covid world for them.  They stay inside and don't do much except congregate where the last treat opportunity came, rub against you, follow you around, mouthpuke hairballs, buttpuke tootsie rolls, growl at each other, start scuffles and turfwars, and generally just lie about.  Boy do they lie about.  Anyway, they are stuck inside forever, so it doesn't seem like much of a life.

The dog does many of the same things, but gets out and does her business outside like considerate being, plus is more predictably lovey and entertaining with the play and all.  Plus, fewer hairballs.

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Garfield was simply never funny.  Maybe the first year it was ok.  Anyway, he likes lasagna, I get it.  Heathcliff I never gave a chance, though, did I miss out?

Imagine Garfield. Now imagine Garfield 100x worse.  You're getting close to Heathcliff.

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

So I am  on blood pressure meds, have a dawg that I walk regularly, yet my blood pressure is snot ideal. I guess I need to amp up the exercise and amp down the eating. Dangit!

Well, I can recommend the pacemaker, my BP took a step function down after installation.

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

IPlease don't let your cat sleep in your closets, I would worry too much.

My cat is a former feral kitty from the streets of the Bronx.  She has much better survival skills than to sleep in my closets

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

If we ever meet RG’s girlfriend, how will we ever be able to look her in the eyes?  :D

If?????

I assume we all get an invite to the wedding.  NYC is not out of my way in the least!  And I'll give them a nice gift too!

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

If?????

I assume we all get an invite to the wedding.  NYC is not out of my way in the least!  And I'll give them a nice gift too!

I am never getting married again, but I will get fake-married for a nice gift of a DA-equipped  S-Works Aethos.  Hell, I might marry a bag lady for real for one of those!

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

If we ever meet RG’s girlfriend, how will we ever be able to look her in the eyes?  :D

I actually sent Cheese an eye-pic (really) when she was getting purple highlights in her hair.  I figure Cheese is making plans to steal her from me at this very moment!

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am never getting married again, but I will get fake-married for a nice gift of a DA-equipped  S-Works Aethos.  Hell, I might marry a bag lady for real for one of those!

I actually sent Cheese an eye-pic (really) when she was getting purple highlights in her hair.  I figure Cheese is making plans to steal her from me at this very moment!

Never say never!

And never give Cheese any chink atoll in your relationship's armor.  He is a snake's snake!  :D

• Haha 1

The dog is the dumbest dog I think I have met.  She is a sweetie, but a moron.  I say "wanna go outside?" and she gets excited and runs to the door.  She looks at the door and does the happy dance, then I open the door, and she just stares at the open door.  Meanwhile, the cats are staring at the open door and moving towards escape, then I have to yell at the dog to gtfo before she puts two and two together.  Geez.

I like cats, but I am a dog person.  I can see how cats are very well suited for urban dwellers, as they like to pee and poop in a box and seem basically chill.  It is also fun to watch a cat chase a laser pointer dot around. And they like to torture mice, which is another plus.

Puppies produce and incredible amount of bodily waste and they seem to take great pleasure in sharing that ability with everyone!  They will even roll in their own filth.  Yet I am still a dog person.

• Heart 2