Lunch break.

Longjohn

Just now, Razors Edge said:

@Randomguy is hoping for a mosquito update.

I saw one yesterday, didn’t see any today. I did see a big fat porcupine and he didn’t pay any attention to me until my brakes squealed when I stopped to take his picture. He moseyed into the tall weeds before I could get my phone out.

I also saw a four foot long black snake sunning himself with the back half on the trail. I had room to get by and he didn’t move.

• Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I saw one yesterday, didn’t see any today. I did see a big fat porcupine and he didn’t pay any attention to me until my brakes squealed when I stopped to take his picture. He moseyed into the tall weeds before I could get my phone out.

I also saw a four foot long black snake sunning himself with the back half on the trail. I had room to get by and he didn’t move.

How are you feeling out there on the bike(s)?  You are definitely rolling with a few bigger rides lately.  The LJ from a couple years ago I could see easily doing these sorts of rides, but with all you have gone through recently I am pretty amazed.

I'm hoping you're pacing yourself and not overdoing it!  But, I also gotta say I am happy you are finding your legs and getting back out where you clearly are doing things you love.  Stay safe, but keep having fun!

• Awesome 2

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

How are you feeling out there on the bike(s)?  You are definitely rolling with a few bigger rides lately.  The LJ from a couple years ago I could see easily doing these sorts of rides, but with all you have gone through recently I am pretty amazed.

I'm hoping you're pacing yourself and not overdoing it!  But, I also gotta say I am happy you are finding your legs and getting back out where you clearly are doing things you love.  Stay safe, but keep having fun!

I feel pretty good. My lower back is a little sore on these longer rides. I think that is like when you just start riding and have a sore butt. Keep on riding and you get over it. I rode at 12 mph most of the day but the hilly gravel bypass and the section with the pavement heaved up by roots dropped my average to 11. When I was riding the fancy bike I was only averaging about 8 mph but that was also when I was just starting out and I was still on chemo. 

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yes, I also am quite impressed!  I am not riding those distances without chemo!

If I decide to do a birthday ride on Saturday I have a plan. I’m going to skip where the trail is crappy. Ride out to where the bypass starts, turn around and ride back to where I started. Repeat, that should give me 56 miles, then ride the other direction to Oil City and back, that makes it 66 miles. When I get back to my car just go three more miles beyond it and come back 72 miles.:party:

Tomorrow it’s supposed to rain all day. But I have stuff I need to do at the house anyway. Thursday I have an eye doctor appointment in the morning. Probably going to talk about getting these cataracts taken care of. Then In the afternoon I get these stitches out of my back at the dermatologist.